Trolley Accident Injury Lawsuits
Experienced Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
Train accidents can be among the most catastrophic that occur. Railroad passengers, workers, pedestrians, bystanders, and drivers of vehicles can all be injured at the same time. Damages to property can be in the millions of dollars.
If a railroad company was responsible for an accident that resulted in an injury or death the company can be held liable for the damages or wrongful death that resulted.
Railroad accidents can damage entire neighborhoods, groups of people, or a single individual. If a passenger train carrying loads of passengers or toxic chemicals derails hundreds of people could be injured or killed.
Every 2 hours a person is hit and killed by a train accident in the U. S. – Department of Transportation
If you were involved in a train accident and have sustained an injury because of a train accident, get medical attention immediately and you will need to contact an experienced railroad attorney immediately.
Photo Credit: https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/11/27/train-derailment-wellington-rawhide-power-plant/
Experience counts when you hire a railroad accident attorney to handle your personal injury case.
Our lawyers understand the complex issues in a train accident and provide expert legal representation nationwide for injured victims.
Train accident settlements often settle for larger dollar amounts because of the insurance requirements for railroad company carriers.
Railroad companies have teams of attorneys protecting their interests and will attempt to get accident victims to either drop their cases or settle for much less.
If you have been injured in a train accident, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind.
Need Help with a Trolley Accident Injury Case?
We are currently evaluating Trolley Accident injury claims throughout the U. S. When an injury or death is caused by another party’s negligence you are entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as other damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured in train accident where you feel you may be entitled to compensation complete the contact form on the right side of page or call us now at 1-888-267.1137 for a free case evaluation. A live personal injury counselor is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Aerial Equipment Injury lawsuit!
All our experienced Aerial Equipment Injury Lawyers work on a contingency basis and don t get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your Aerial Equipment Accident lawsuit. Fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION form or call toll free us now.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Train Accident?
If you were injured in a train accident you may not know who is responsible for causing the accident for months after the accident. Injury victims should contact a train injury attorney immediately after an accident.
An experienced railroad attorney understands the rules and regulations in the railroad industry and can find any potential railroad company responsibility if it failed to exercise the duties required of them by law.
Train accident attorneys are experienced in dealing with difficult insurance companies and know how they try and get out of paying for a victim’s injury claims. Several parties may hold partial liability for the accident.
Defendants in a Train Accident Can Include:
- Train Operator
- Train Engineer
- Railroad Company
- Railroad Lessee
- Railroad Manufacturer
- Railroad Owner
- Insurance Company
- Railroad Parts Manufacturer
- City or County Government
- Company Responsible for Maintaining Tracks
Common Causes of Train Accidents and Injuries
Many railroad accident injuries are the result of workers in unsafe workplace conditions. Train accidents, whether they involve railroad workers or members of the public are caused from a wide variety of negligent conduct and can include;
Railroad Worker Injury Claims
Railroad workers are protected by federal law when a railroad provides interstate commerce between multiple states. The Federal Employer’s Liability Act (FELA) requires railroads to be safe for workers by following safety guidelines and conducting routine safety inspections.
An injured railroad worker can recover damages if they show that an act by the railroad company, or a failure to act, caused the worker’s injuries. Family members of killed railroad workers can also receive compensation if the company’s negligence played a role in the death.
If you were injured in an accident involving a railroad, you can also contact us to get information from these railroad resource links.
The Railroad Division of the National Transportation Safety Board investigates railroad accidents involving passengers, trams, trollies, freight railroads, and commuter rail transit systems.
The Association of American Railroads -AAA promotes the safety and productivity of the U. S. railroad freight industry.
Railroad Product Injury Lawsuits
|Air Compressor Pipes||Guardrails|
|Air Conditioning Systems||Hand Rails|
|Asbestos Heat Wrap||Heat Shields|
|Asbestos Insulation||Heating Systems|
|Balcony Railing||Hot Water Lines|
|Brake Clutches||Journal Boxes|
|Brake Lining||Locomotive Clutches|
|Brake Shoes||Packing Materials|
|Braking Systems||Pipe Coverings|
|Braking Systems||Pipe Joint Insulation|
|Cement Products||Rail Equipment|
|Cement Ties||Railroad Brakes|
|Coal-Powered Engines||Railroad Tracks|
|Cobra Railroad Brakes||Refrigeration Units|
|Collapsible Guard Rails||Ropes|
|Crossing Arm||Sealing Cement|
|Crossing Gates||Signal Equipment|
|Dynamic Grid||Steam Boilers|
|Electrical Panels||Steam Generators|
|Electrical Rail Signaling||Steam Lines|
|Flexible Trainline||Steam Pipes|
|Floor Tiles||Steel Railing|
|Friction Products||Track Beacons|
|Gasket Covers||Trolley Wires|
Railroad Accident Statistics and Facts
- Approximately 1,000 people die in train accidents every year.
- 11,000 accidents occur on our railways each year.
- More people are injured per railroad accident than those wounded in individual car crashes each year.
- Approximately 23% of train collisions involve cars and 17% involve train derailments.
- Department of Transportation reports that every 2 hours a person is hit and killed by a train accident in the U. S.
- There were 1,850 train accidents and 11,520 railroad accidents in 2019 – Federal Railroad Administrations Office of Safety Analysis.
- 60% of all railroad crossing deaths occur at unprotected crossings. – National Transportation Safety Board
- 80% of all railroad crossings are not protected by safety gates and lights. – National Transportation Safety Board
- According to the National Safety Council, there are about 400 fatalities and 1,100 injuries each year in the U. S.
- There are more than 6,000 railroad crossing accidents each year in the United States.
- More than 30% of all railroad crossing accidents involve children under the age of 16.
- Approximately 11% of train accidents involve defective equipment, defective train tracks, and faulty train track switching equipment.
- There are over 209,308 railroad crossings, and approximately 129,326 intersect with public roads.
- 209,308 railroad crossings and approximately 129,326 intersect with public roads.
- There is over 130,000 miles of railroad tracks in the U. S.
- More than half of railroad accidents happen at unprotected crossings – Federal Railroad Administration
- The risk of fatality is 20 times higher in a vehicle-train collision than in a vehicle-on-vehicle collision – Federal Railroad Administration
Railroad Accident Settlements & Verdicts in the U. S.
- $5,250,000 Wrongful Death Settlement in a passenger train derailment.
- $1,500,000 Jury Award for Passenger Train conductor suffering from mesothelioma cancer.
- $2,500,000 Settlement for a Switchman, Shortline Railroad Wrongful Death.
- $1,825,000 Verdict for a train engineer with neck and back injuries.
- $1,100,000 Settlement for a Carman vs. Union Pacific Railroad, Knee Injury in the workplace.
- $987,000 Settlement for a conductor for low back injuries sustained while setting a handbrake on a Railroad.
- $750,000 Settlement for a former conductor, retired 12 years prior to his death was granted this settlement for lung cancer.
- $12.3 million Jury Award– Railroad insulator and construction worker died of malignant Mesothelioma cancer.
- $2.2 Million Verdict for a railroad freight conductor injured by a malfunctioning hand brake.
- $730,000 Settlement for a Railroad Conductor with neck and back injuries resulting from his freight train’s collision with a semi-tractor trailer.
- $2 Million FELA Verdict Settlement for railroad trackman that suffered hip injury when struck by a metal disk that flew off a railroad grinding machine.
- $1 Million Verdict for Amtrak train attendant with a torn rotator cuff.
- $7.5 million Verdict for a man who suffered the loss of his leg when struck by a train.
- $4.25 Million Settlement for a man who lost his left leg above the knee because of a train accident.
- $3 million Verdict Award to a man who lost half of his left leg and part of his right foot in a railroad accident.
Diagnosed with Mesothelioma?
Call 888.640.0914 24/7 365 Days a Year for a Free Mesothelioma Case Evaluation
20 years of experience helping mesothelioma victims get fair and just financial compensation!
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or asbestos lung cancer, you may be entitled to financial compensation from Asbestos Trust Funds.
Asbestos companies that have filed for bankruptcy protection have established asbestos trust funds to pay claims. There are about 65 active Asbestos Trust Funds totaling more than 30 billion.
Since the mid-1980s more than 100 Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have been established in the U.S. At least a dozen trust funds have equities exceeding $1 billion.
More than 30 billion dollars is currently available for distribution to qualified applicants. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have set criteria of values they pay to qualified claimants.
Asbestos Trust Funds have paid out $18 billion for more than 3 million claims!
Railroad, Train Accident Injury Damages
For a train Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers must show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Victims in injury-related claims are entitled to damages including:
Railroad Accident Links
|Passenger Train Types|
|Railroads & Mesothelioma|
|Railroads & Wrongful Death|
Need a Railroad Accident Injury Lawyer
If you or a family member has been injured in a railroad accident, we can help you start an injury lawsuit against responsible parties to help with medical bills and financial compensation.
Our experienced train accident injury lawyers will help you get just and fair compensation for your injuries.
Call our Injury Toll Free Helpline at 888.267.1137 and get help today!
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we cannot, maybe direct you to someone who can.
We are always available 24 hours a day to answer your questions with a phone call or email and we will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a question about an injury or wrongful death lawsuit, you do not have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!