Gastrointestinal® Injury Lawsuit
Experienced Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
When a Prescription Drug causes serious injury or death manufacturers can be held responsible for injuries caused by their Prescription Drug.
If you suffered damaging prescription drug side effects or lost a loved one because of a dangerous pharmaceutical drug, you have the right to take legal action against the drug’s manufacturer and/or distributors.
A Prescription Drug injury can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic loss, mental anguish, and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.
Photo Credit: https://www.childrenssafetynetwork.org/injury-topics/prescription-drug-misuse-abuse
Prescription Drugs cause nearly 3 million injuries and 22,000 fatalities each year in the U. S. – U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
If you or someone you know has been injured by a Prescription Drug, you may be entitled to compensation. Gastrointestinal® Injury Lawsuits.
U. S. Agencies that oversee safe manufacturing practices and product recalls are the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Food and Drug Administration, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Who Can be Held Liable for a Prescription Drug Injury?
A Product liability lawsuit addresses personal injuries caused by Prescription Drugs. All parties involved in the manufacturing, production, distribution, or sale of a product have an obligation to ensure that their product works safely as designed and presented to the public.
When a prescription causes an injury to the consumer, one or more parties may be held liable, including the:
- Drug Manufacturer
- Drug Wholesaler
- Drug Retailer
- Hospital that administered the drug
- Prescribing Physicians
- Laboratory that produced the drug
- Sales representative that sold the drug
What is Needed to Win a Products Liability Case?
To win a Prescription Drug product liability case, you must be able to prove the following:
- The injury was directly caused by the Prescription Drug.
- drug used was defective in the design, manufacturing, or marketing.
- The drug was being as intended at the time of the injury.
Evidence to Collect in a Prescription Drug Lawsuit
You will need critical evidence to back up a product liability claim. Critical evidence can include:
- The Prescription drug
- Medical bills
- Payroll records to account for financial losses
- Photos and videos of injuries
- Expert and expert witnesses
- Product Labels
- Product marketing materials
- Evidence that the manufacturer had knowledge of the defect, (emails, memos, documents)
Need Help with a Prescription Drug Injury Case?
We are currently evaluating Gastrointestinal® injury claims throughout the U. S. When an injury or death is caused by another party’s negligence you are entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as other damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a Prescription Drug where you feel you may be entitled to compensation, please complete the contact form on the right side of page or call us now at 1-888-267.1137 for a free case evaluation.
Types of Prescription Drug Defects
Marketing Defects – If the product was labeled improperly or does not contain adequate safety warnings or instructions it may have a marketing defect.
Design Defects – If something in the design of the product is dangerous or unsafe it may have a design defect.
Manufacturing Defects – If the product has a flaw of defect that is not in the design, but occurred during manufacturing or assembly, it may have a manufacturing defect.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a Prescription Drug where you feel you may be entitled to compensation complete the contact form on the right or call us at 1-888.267.1137 for a free case evaluation. A live personal injury counselor is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your personal injury lawsuit!
All our experienced Prescription Drug Injury Lawyers work on a contingency basis and don t get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your injury lawsuit. Fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION form or call toll free us now.
Prescription Drugs Settlements & Verdicts
- $11 Million Jury Verdict in Wright Hip Implant Prescription Drug lawsuit.
- $5.5 Million Prescription Drug Settlement for a brain injury caused by a malfunctioning morphine pump.
- $5.1 Million Settlement Prescription Drug Settlement for woman that suffered injuries from a defective surgical tool undergoing treatment for esophageal reflux disease.
- $1.4 Million Settlement Prescription Drug Settlement for injuries from a defective urology scalpel.
- $1.75 Million Pharmacy Settlement for the death of a 6-month-old girl who died after a pharmacy improperly filled wrong prescription for her heart medication.
- $1.25 Million Vioxx Settlement: for a plaintiff who suffered permanent damage to his heart because of his doctor’s negligence in prescribing a dangerous dosage of Vioxx.
- $1.4 Million Prescription Drug Settlement for a Wrong Death prescription drug error.
- $5 Million Wrong Medication Settlement for plaintiff given the wrong seizure medication by a pharmacy resulting in serious injury to the plaintiff.
- $725,000 Prescription Overdose Settlement for a woman, who was overdosed with prescription medicines over prescribed doctors, filled by pharmacy and approved by her HMO.
- $1.2 Million Prescription Medication Settlement for a man was improperly administered medication causing brain damage.
- $8 Million Prescription Medication Settlement against hospital and OB/GYN involving a 20-year-old patient who developed pseudomembranous colitis caused by antibiotics prescribed by her doctor.
- $2.5 Million Settlement for a diabetes drug that caused liver failure and needed liver transplant.
Prescription Drug Statistics
- More than 19,000 Prescription Drugs were recalled between 2012 and 2019. – According to the FDA
- Prescription drug related deaths now outnumber total number of traffic related deaths each year in the in the U.S.
- Prescription drugs typically cause the most injuries within the first 12 months of their release.
- In cases of product liability, the median award was $1.5 million. – Jury Verdict Research data from Thomson Reuters
- More than 19,000 Prescription Drugs were recalled between 2012- 2019. – FDA.
- Prescription Drugs cause nearly 3 million injuries and 22,000 fatalities each year in the U. S. – U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Prescription Drugs cause 29.4 million injuries and 21,400 deaths each year. – U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- An estimated $700 billion is spent annually on the injuries, deaths, and property damage caused by defective consumer products. – U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- An estimated 30,700 people were treated annually in emergency rooms for product instability or tip-over injuries related to televisions, furniture, and appliances from 2014- 2016. – U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- In 2018, The total number of product liability cases was up than 20% from 2018 to 2019, with 56,041 cases filed.
- The number of medical device recalls caused by a software problem increased from 243 in 2015 to 301 in 2018.
- Prescription Drugs have caused more than 80,000 deaths since 2008. – S. Food and Drug Administration
- Last year, a record number 4.02 billion prescription drug medication scripts were filled by Americans, up from 3.99 billion prescriptions filled in 2010 at a cost of nearly $309 billion.
- Prescription drug incidents account for 1.6 million injuries annually in the U. S.
- Prescription Drug deaths now outnumber traffic fatalities in U.S.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
- Pharmacy errors and prescription errors accounts for as many as 98,000 deaths each year.
- One study reported that as many as 5% of prescriptions filled each year are incorrect.
- Preventable medication errors cause about 400,000 injuries each year in the U. S.
- Preventable medication error injuries cost about $3.5 billion per year in the U. S.
- It is estimated that more than 30,000 Americans die each year from prescription drug abuse and overdoses.
- Two-Thirds of all doctors involved in 10 or more malpractice cases are never disciplined.
- More than 49% percent of hospitals have never filed 1 disciplinary action against one of their doctors.
For a Prescription Drug lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers must show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a defective Injury lawsuit, victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim.
Diagnosed with Mesothelioma?
Call 888.640.0914 24/7 365 Days a Year for a Free Mesothelioma Case Evaluation
20 years of experience helping mesothelioma victims get fair and just financial compensation!
Asbestos companies that have filed for bankruptcy protection have established asbestos trust funds to pay claims. There are about 65 active Asbestos Trust Funds totaling more than 30 billion.
Since the mid-1980s more than 100 Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have been established in the U.S. At least a dozen trust funds have equities exceeding $1 billion.
More than 30 billion dollars is currently available for distribution to qualified applicants. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have set criteria of values they pay to qualified claimants.
Asbestos Trust Funds have paid out $18 billion for more than 3 million claims!
Prescription Drug Injury Damages
When manufacturing companies are negligent with design flaws and defective parts, they can be held liable for injuries caused to innocent people that suffer serious injuries or death.
Victims in injury-related claims are entitled to damages including:
Need Prescription Drug Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been injured be a prescription drug error, we can help you start an injury lawsuit against responsible parties to help with medical bills and financial compensation.
Our experienced nationwide Prescription Drug injury lawyers will help you get just and fair compensation for your injuries.
Call our Injury Toll Free Helpline at 888.267.1137 and get help today!
We are always available 24 hours a day to answer your questions with a phone call or email and we will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a question about an injury or Prescription Drug lawsuit, you do not have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.