Injury Lawyer: Monetary Compensation Damages
We Help You Get Fair and Just Compensation for Your Personal Injury Lawsuit!
What are Monetary Compensation Damages?
In a personal injury lawsuit, Monetary Compensation damages are paid by the defendant to the injury victim to compensate them for loss. Compensatory damages may be awarded for a wide range of different losses.
Each state may have different limits and rules regarding Monetary Compensation damage awards. Monetary Compensation Damages may be awarded in 2 various forms.
First, “Special Damages” to compensate the victim for their monetary losses.
Special Compensatory Damages May Include:
- Pain and Suffering
- Funeral Expenses
- Loss of Consortium
- Emotional Distress or Mental Anguish
- Permanent Disability or Disfigurement
Secondly, “General Damages” which compensate a victim for non-monetary losses.
General Compensatory Damages May Include:
- Medical Expenses and Cost of Medical Treatment
- Lost Wages or Future Loss of Earnings
- Cost of Living with a Disability
- In some jurisdictions, injury laws place a “cap” or limit on the number of monetary damages that a victim can receive in a lawsuit. A monetary compensatory damage award must be reasonable and proportionate to the victim’s losses.
If you have been injured in an accident, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind. There are over 3 million injuries from transportation accidents each year and about 150,000 construction site accidents reported each year in the United States, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
We are currently evaluating all personal injury claims throughout the U. S. Victims of accidents, negligence, and personal injury have the right to seek compensation for their injuries, damages, Monetary Compensation Damages, and medical expenses.
Our personal injury lawyers handle all types of accident claims. We also handle every variety of personal injury accident claim and motor vehicle accident compensation cases.
Personal injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims of negligent drivers. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, Monetary Compensation Damages, pain, suffering, and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic loss, mental anguish, and Monetary Compensation Damages in caring for an injured family member.
Many personal injuries occur due to negligence on the part of one of the others involved. When another party’s negligence causes an accident, you are entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain, and suffering as well as other damages.
All of our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don’t get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your personal injury lawsuit.
Injury Damages: Monetary Compensation Damages
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee! Complete the contact form to get a quick response!
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Personal Injury lawsuit!
Recent Personal Injury Statistics
- $5 Million Personal Injury Settlement: Personal Injury claim involving doctor’s failure to diagnose.
- $2.6 Million Settlement: Personal Injury Accutane birth defects.
- $2.5 Million Verdict: Personal Injury case involving a surgical error.
- $7.5 Million Settlement: Brain damage after surgery of 7-year-old at Hospital.
- $800,000 Settlement: Infant sustained injury during birth delivery.
- $3 Million Settlement: Cardiology malpractice wrongful death of a 45-year-old man.
- $1.2 Million Settlement: Man was improperly administered medication causing brain damage.
- $3.1 Million settlement in a product liability/negligence action involving injuries sustain by an infant injured in a shopping cart accident.
- $1.73 Million jury verdict on behalf of iron worker injured in construction site accident.
- $2.1 Million Settlement: Wrongful death Personal Injury hospital’s improper discharge of patient.
- $2.2 Million Settlement – Faulty roadwork and hazardous road conditions resulted in a bicyclist crashing and suffering multiple broken bones and severe head injuries.
- $1.24 Million Settlement – A bicyclist was struck while riding through and intersection and run over by a truck making an illegal turn.
- $1.75 Million Settlement – A motorcyclist drove through intersection and car did not see him because of overgrown vegetation and, as a result, had a leg amputated.
- $1.5 Million Settlement – Minor child suffers a head injury in a car collision and the loss of her mother.
- $6 Million Settlement – 32-year-old wife and mother killed in a head-on collision by car driven by a sales representative. that crossed center line
- $4.2 Million Settlement – 13-year-old boy suffers brain damage after being struck by a car at an intersection.
- $2.4 Million Settlement – a 72-year-old woman suffered a severe spinal injury from slip & fall on an uneven public sidewalk.
- $1.4 Million Settlement – Traumatic Brain injury caused by a driver who made an illegal left-hand turn causing a collision.
- $5.2 Million Jury Award – Asbestos worker who developed malignant peritoneal mesothelioma from asbestos work exposure.
- $1.395 Million Jury Award – Woman involved in serious spinal injury from two-car collision at intersection.
- $1.25 Million Jury Award – Wrongful-death lawsuit by the family of a man who died as the result of a car wreck.
- $1 million Jury Award – Parents of a baby boy who died in his mother’s womb before an emergency C-section was performed.
- $12.3 million Jury Award – Insulator and construction worker died of malignant Mesothelioma cancer
- $12.3 million Jury Award – U. S. Steelworker died of occupational asbestos exposure causing malignant Mesothelioma.
Personal Injury Statistics
- There are more than 1 million cases of whiplash reported each year in the U. S.
- Fatal head injuries are responsible for more than 60% of all bicycle fatalities.
- There are over 3 million injuries each year from transportation accidents.
- 2/3 of all bicycle accident reported deaths are from traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- There were 109 Bicycle accident-related deaths in 2009.
- There was 950 Motorcycle crash related traffic deaths in 2009.
- There was 563 Pedestrian related deaths in 2009.
- There were 17,000 truck related accidents reported in 2009.
- There were 90,000 motorcycle related injuries reported in 2009.
- 50,000 bicycle injuries reported each year in the United States.
- 1 million children are injured in bicycle related accidents each year.
- 8,000 boating accidents are reported by the U. S. Coast Guard each year.
- 500,000 truck and commercial vehicles were involved in accidents in 2010.
- The U. S. Department of Transportation reported 33,808 nationwide traffic accident deaths in 2009.
- More than 100,000 motorcycles are involved in crashes each year according to the latest data from the NHTSA.
- Motorcyclists are 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash according to NHTSA.
Personal Injury Lawsuit
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Personal Injury Damages
Choosing the right Injury lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
Personal Injury Damages: Monetary Compensation Damages
We welcome your questions, and we will return your calls within 24 hours.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!