Bridgeport, CT Personal Injury Lawsuits
We Connect You With Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident or because of the negligence of another party, you need to know how to protect your right to just financial compensation.
We help injury victims, and their families get fair and just compensation by connecting you with experienced legal representation.
If you have been the victim of an accident or negligence, a personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you have grounds for a lawsuit against negligent parties or negligent companies.
Most personal injury cases settle before or during trial with only a small percentage of injury lawsuits tried in court or reach a jury verdict.
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal action, brought in court, by an injured person who has been injured (either physically or emotionally) by another person or company.
If you have been injured in Indiana, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind. Call 888.267.1137 – Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline, 24/7 – 365 days a year!
Photo Credit: https://www.fox61.com/article/news/two-killed-in-shelton-car-crash-police-investigating/
Types of Personal Injury Claims in Bridgeport, Connecticut
Auto Accident Claims: If a driver is negligent and as a result, causes an accident due to his/her negligent conduct, he or she will be liable for the injuries that occur.
Medical Malpractice Cases: Medical malpractice is a legal lawsuit that occurs when a medical professional fails to perform his or her medical duties due to negligence, thereby causing injury to a patient.
Product Liability Lawsuits: If a product fails in its design, manufacturing or distribution and the result is serious injury or death, the manufacturer or distributor is held liable for injuries the product may cause to the injured party.
Slip and Fall Accidents: If a person is injured on the property of another due to that person’s negligence, they will be liable for premises liability.
Workers Compensation Law: In Indiana employers are required to carry workers compensation insurance. If an employee is injured while working, his or her employer will be required to compensate the injured party for his injury provided it occurred during the time of employment.
Wrongful Death Cases: If an individual dies during another’s negligence, they will be liable for a wrongful death lawsuit.
Connecticut Injury and Accident Statistics
- There were 632 fatal vehicle crashes in Connecticut in 2018
- Connecticut had 2,078 deaths from accidents in 2017.
- Connecticut had 6,608 death from cancer in 2017.
- Connecticut death rate 0.93 deaths per million vehicle miles traveled.
- In 2020, there were 80,773 vehicle accidents in 2018.
- In Connecticut there were 282 deaths in 2017, 297 in 2018, and 256 in 2019.
Connecticut Accident Costs Per Year
- $6 Million in Medical Costs.
- $641 Million in Work Loss Costs.
- $647 Million total for crash-related death in Connecticut.
Connecticut Statute of limitations
Connecticut’s statute of limitations gives an injured person 2 years after the occurrence of an injury or accident.
If you don’t get your personal injury complaint filed before Connecticut’s 2-year deadline passes, the court will refuse to hear your case altogether.
Connecticut Statute of Limitations: Conn. Gen. Stat. Ann. § 52-575 et seq
Indiana Injury Accident Claim Settlement Process
Every injury accident claim starts with a free initial legal consultation. There is no fee unless you win your case.
We will discuss what happened to you and explain how we can help. If we believe you have a claim that we can be pursued, we will explain how we will proceed and what information (Insurance information and medical records, etc.) we will need you to gather to help us start your personal injury lawsuit.
Once you have formally engaged an attorney, he will handle all paperwork related to your injury claim. This will help you focus on your recovery and not have to worry about medical bills and expenses.
Connecticut Cities and Accident Injury Lawsuits
The state of Connecticut is divided into 169 towns that are divided into eight counties.
The state of Connecticut covers an area of 5,543 square miles and this makes it only the 29th largest state population in the U. S.
As of the 2019 United States Census, the population of Connecticut was 3,565,287.
Indiana Workplace Personal Injuries
Injuries in the Indiana workplace can also be very disabling; employees can sue for damages incurred from a personal injury, exposure to toxic chemicals, harmful materials, safety hazards, slip & falls, electrocutions, and accidents due to poor equipment maintenance or negligence.
Indiana Personal Injury Lawyers
Indiana personal injury lawyers can help resolve your injustice and get you fair and just compensation for your injury.
Personal injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims of negligent companies. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering, and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic damage, mental anguish, and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.
Many personal injuries occur due to negligence on the part of one of the others involved. When another party’s negligence causes an accident, you are entitled compensation for medical expenses, pain, and suffering as well as other damages.
All of our experienced Indiana personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don’t get paid unless you do!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee! Complete the contact form to get a quick response!
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your personal injury lawsuit!
Personal Injury and Accident Statistics
- There are around 6 million car accidents in the U. S. each year.
- In the U. S. over 40,000 people are killed in vehicle crashes each year.
- More than 90 people will die each day in a car accident in the U. S.
- 1 person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes in the U. S.
- 50% of all airplane accidents are caused by pilot error.
- More than 1,000 people die in train accidents every year.
- Nearly 5,000 people are killed in truck accidents every year.
- 1 in 10 construction workers is injured every year in the U. S.
- 1 million children are injured in bicycle-related accidents each year.
- More than 3 million People are injured in crashes on U. S. roadways each year.
- 8,000 boating accidents are reported by the U. S. Coast Guard each year.
- 1 in 5 worker deaths last year were in the construction industry.
- There are more than 40,000 construction injuries in work zones each year.
- There are more than 1 million cases of whiplash reported each year in the U. S.
- Fatal head injuries are responsible for more than 60% of all bicycle fatalities.
- 41% of passenger vehicles in fatal crashes were involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- 1 million People in the United States suffer a workplace injury or occupational illness each year.
- Around 2 million drivers in car accidents experience permanent injuries every year in the U. S.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
- 5 million people suffer injury or death from prescription errors each year (The Institute of Medicine)
- Department of Transportation reports that every 2 hours a person is hit and killed by a train accident in the U. S.
- Motorcyclists are 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash according to NHTSA.
- 1 million Elderly Americans are victims of physical, psychological, and other forms of nursing home abuse each year.
Recent Personal Injury Settlements & Verdicts
Settlements and verdicts listed are from news reports, court documents, and press releases in the U. S.
- $5 Million Personal Injury Settlement: Personal Injury claim involving a doctor’s failure to diagnose.
- $2.5 Million Verdict: Personal Injury case involving a surgical error.
- $7.5 Million Settlement: Brain damage after surgery for a 7-year-old at a Hospital.
- $800,000 Settlement: Infant sustained injury during birth delivery.
- $3 Million Settlement: Cardiology malpractice wrongful death of a 45-year-old man.
- $1.2 Million Settlement: Man was improperly administered medication causing brain damage.
- $3.1 Million settlement: In a product liability/negligence action involving injuries sustain by an infant injured in a shopping cart accident.
- $1.73 Million Jury Verdict on behalf of ironworker injured in construction site accident.
- $2.1 Million Settlement: Wrongful death caused by a hospital’s improper discharge of patient.
- $2.2 Million Settlement: Faulty roadwork and hazardous road conditions resulted in a bicyclist crashing and suffering multiple broken bones and severe head injuries.
- $1.24 Million Settlement: A bicyclist was struck while riding through an intersection and run over by a truck making an illegal turn.
- $1.75 Million Settlement: A motorcyclist drove through an intersection and a car did not see him because of overgrown vegetation resulting a leg amputation.
- $1.5 Million Settlement: Minor child suffers a head injury in a car collision and the loss of her mother.
- $6 Million Settlement: 32-year-old wife and mother killed in a head-on collision by car driven by a sales representative that crossed the center line.
- $4.2 Million Settlement: 13-year-old boy suffers brain damage after being struck by a car at an intersection.
- $2.4 Million Settlement: 72-year-old woman suffered a severe spinal injury from slip & fall on an uneven public sidewalk.
- $1.4 Million Settlement: Traumatic Brain injury caused by a driver who made an illegal left-hand turn causing a collision.
- $5.2 Million Jury Award: Asbestos worker who developed malignant peritoneal mesothelioma from asbestos work exposure.
- $1.3 Million Jury Award: Woman involved in serious spinal injury from two-car collision at intersection.
- $1.25 Million Jury Award: Wrongful-death lawsuit for the family of a man who died as the result of a car wreck.
- $1 million Jury Award: Parents of a baby boy who died in his mother’s womb before an emergency C-section was performed.
- $12.3 million Jury Award: Insulator and construction worker died of malignant Mesothelioma cancer.
Bridgeport, Connecticut Personal Injury Lawsuits
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury, lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Choosing the right Injury lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
Indiana Personal Injury Damages
We Connect You with Personal Injury Claims Lawyers in all Connecticut Cities
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we cannot, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are available 24/7 to answer your questions with a phone call and will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a question about a personal injury, you do not have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
To get started is easy…
Call Toll-Free at 1.888.267.1137 for a Free Case Evaluation
An Intake Specialist will guide you through the process of providing us the information needed to see if you or your loved one qualifies for fair and just compensation for your injury.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL FOR THE CONSULTATION
TO GET HELP – Our nationwide toll-free Mesothelioma Helpline number is 888.267.1137