Big Stone County, MN Personal Injury Lawyer
We Connect You With Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
Being involved in an auto accident can be a traumatizing and stressful experience, especially if you are seriously injured or lose a loved one as a result of a crash. If you have been injured in an accident in Big Stone County, MN knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind.
If you have been the victim of a personal injury, a personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against negligent parties.
Obtaining damages in a Virginia Personal Injury lawsuit can involve complex litigation which is why you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to represent you.
The vast majority of personal injury cases in Virginia are settled before or during trial with only a small percentage of injury lawsuits tried in court or reach a jury verdict.
It is very important that you contact a Personal Injury attorney as soon as possible after an injury to protect your legal rights in obtaining personal injury damages.
A personal injury lawyer is a lawyer who provides legal representation to those who have been injured as a result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, or government agency.
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal action, brought in court, by an injured person who has been injured (either physically or emotionally) by another person.
Don’t Lose Your Rights to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Request a Free Evaluation of your personal injury case in Big Stone County, MN. If you or someone you love has suffered a personal injury do to the negligence of another we can help. The evaluation will cost you nothing. Our personal injury attorneys will help you get fair and just compensation for your injury. We understand how difficult a time this is for you and will assist in any way that we can. You can also fill out our contact form to have a qualified Virginia personal injury lawyer contact you within 24 hours, or call us toll free at 1-888-267-1137.
Virginia Car Accident Statistics
- Minnesota injury related death rates are 54.9 per 100,000 people.
- There were 56,685 million vehicle miles traveled in 2013 with 357 fatal crashes in Minnesota.
- The Fatal Crash Rate is 0.68 Per 100 Million Vehicle Miles in Minnesota.
- Work Zone Fatalities in Motor Vehicle Traffic Crashes in Minnesota were 361 in 2014.
- There were 78,396 traffic crashes reported in Minnesota in 2014.
- 143,681 motor vehicles and 190,070 people were involved in crashes in 2014 in Minnesota.
- On an average day in Minnesota there are 215 car crashes reported.
- On an average day in Minnesota there is traffic death and 81 injuries reported.
Minnesota Accident Costs Per Year
- $6 Million in Medical Costs.
- $515 Million in Work Loss Costs.
- $521 Million Total for Crash-Related Deaths in Minnesota.
Virginia Statute of limitations
Virginia’s statute of limitations gives an injured person 2 years after the occurrence of an injury or accident.
If you don’t get your personal injury complaint filed before Virginia’s 2 years deadline passes, the court will refuse to hear your case altogether.
Virginia Statute of Limitations: Minn. Stat. Ann. § 541.01 et seq.
Types of Personal Injury Claims in Virginia:
Auto Accident Claims: If a driver is negligent and as a result, causes an accident due to his/her negligent conduct, he or she will be liable for the injuries that occur.
Medical Malpractice Cases: Medical malpractice is a legal lawsuit that occurs when a medical professional fails to perform his or her medical duties due to negligence, thereby causing injury to a patient.
Product Liability Lawsuits: If a product fails in its design, manufacturing or distribution and the result is serious injury or death, the manufacturer or distributor is held liable for injuries the product may cause to the injured party.
Slip and Fall Accidents: If a person is injured on the property of another due to that person’s negligence, they will be liable under the theory of premises liability.
Workers’ Compensation Law: In Virginia employers are required to carry workers compensation insurance. Therefore, if an employee is injured while working, his or her employer will be required to compensate the injured party for his injury provided it occurs during the time of employment.
Wrongful Death Cases: If an individual dies during the course of another’s negligence, they will be liable for wrongful death lawsuit.
Virginia Workplace Personal Injuries
Injuries at work can also be very disabling; employees can sue for damages incurred from a personal injury, exposure to toxic chemicals, harmful materials, safety hazards, accidents due to poor equipment maintenance or negligence.
A personal injury attorney can help resolve your injustice and get you fair and just compensation for your workplace injury.
Personal injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims of negligent drivers. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic loss, mental anguish and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.
Many personal injuries occur due to negligence on the part of one of others involved. When an accident is caused by another party’s negligence you are entitled compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as other damages.
All of our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don’t get paid unless you do!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee! Complete the contact form to get a quick response!
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Virginia Personal Injury lawsuit!
Recent Personal Injury Settlements & Verdicts
- $5 Million Personal Injury Settlement: Personal Injury claim involving doctor’s failure to diagnose.
- $2.6 Million Settlement: Personal Injury Accutane birth defects.
- $2.5 Million Verdict: Personal Injury case involving a surgical error.
- $7.5 Million Settlement: Brain damage after surgery of 7 year-old at Hospital.
- $800,000 Settlement: Infant sustained injury during birth delivery.
- $3 Million Settlement: Cardiology malpractice wrongful death of 45 year old man.
- $1.2 Million Settlement: Man was improperly administered medication causing brain damage.
- $3.1 Million settlement in a product liability/negligence action involving injuries sustain by an infant injured in a shopping cart accident.
- $1.73 Million jury verdict on behalf of iron worker injured in construction site accident.
- $2.1 Million Settlement: Wrongful death Personal Injury hospital’s improper discharge of patient.
- $2.2 Million Settlement: Faulty roadwork and hazardous road conditions resulted in a bicyclist crashing and suffering severe head injuries.
- $1.24 Million Settlement: A bicyclist was struck while riding through and intersection and run over by a truck making an illegal turn.
- $1.5 Million Settlement: Minor child suffers head injury in a car collision and the loss of her mother.
- $4.2 Million Settlement: 13 year-old boy suffers brain damage after being struck by a car at an intersection.
- $2.4 Million Settlement: 72 year old woman suffered a severe spinal injury from slip & fall on an uneven public sidewalk.
- $1.4 Million Settlement: Traumatic Brain injury caused by driver who made an illegal left hand turn causing collision.
- $5.2 Million Jury Award: Asbestos worker who developed malignant peritoneal mesothelioma from asbestos work exposure.
- $1.395 Million Jury Award: Woman involved in serious spinal injury from two-car collision at intersection.
- $1.25 Million Jury Award: Wrongful-death lawsuit by the family of a man who died as the result of a car wreck.
- $1 million Jury Award: Parents of a baby boy who died in his mother’s womb before an emergency C-section was performed.
- $12.3 million Jury Award: Insulator and construction worker died of malignant Mesothelioma cancer
- $12.3 million Jury Award: U. S. Steelworker died of occupational asbestos exposure causing malignant Mesothelioma.
Personal Injury Statistics
- 50% of all airplane accidents are caused by pilot error.
- 1 in 5 worker deaths last year were in the construction industry.
- More than 1,000 people die in train accidents every year.
- One person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes.
- Nearly 5,000 people are killed in truck accidents every year.
- 1 in 10 construction workers are injured every year in the U. S.
- 3 million People were injured in crashes on U. S. roadways in 2014.
- 8,000 boating accidents are reported by the U. S. Coast Guard each year.
- Estimates of 41,000 to 45,000 traffic deaths occur every year within the U.S.
- There are more than 40,000 construction injuries in work zones each year.
- There are more than 1 million cases of whiplash reported each year in the U. S.
- Fatal head injuries are responsible for more than 60% of all bicycle fatalities.
- 1 million children are injured in bicycle related accidents each year.
- 41% of passenger vehicles in fatal crashes were involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- 1 million People in the United States suffer a workplace injury or occupational illness each year.
- Pharmacy errors and prescription errors accounts for as many as 98,000 deaths each year.
- 225,000 medical malpractice deaths happen each in the U. S.(National Institute of Health).
- Motorcyclists are 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash according to NHTSA.
- 5 million people suffer injury or death from prescription errors each year (The Institute of Medicine)
- 1 million Elderly Americans are victims of physical, psychological and other forms of nursing home abuse each year.
- Department of Transportation reports that every 2 hours a person is hit and killed by a train accident in the U. S.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
Personal Injury Lawsuit Big Stone County, MN
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
We Connect You with Personal Injury Claims Lawyers in all Minnesota Counties
|Aitkin County, MN Injury Lawyer||Martin County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Anoka County, MN Injury Lawyer||McLeod County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Becker County, MN Injury Lawyer||Meeker County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Beltrami County, MN Injury Lawyer||Mille Lacs County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Benton County, MN Injury Lawyer||Morrison County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Big Stone County, MN Injury Lawyer||Mower County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Blue Earth County, MN Injury Lawyer||Murray County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Brown County, MN Injury Lawyer||Nicollet County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Carlton County, MN Injury Lawyer||Nobles County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Carver County, MN Injury Lawyer||Norman County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Cass County, MN Injury Lawyer||Olmsted County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Chippewa County, MN Injury Lawyer||Otter Tail County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Chisago County, MN Injury Lawyer||Pennington County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Clay County, MN Injury Lawyer||Pine County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Clearwater County, MN Injury Lawyer||Pipestone County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Cook County, MN Injury Lawyer||Polk County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Cottonwood County, MN Injury Lawyer||Pope County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Crow Wing County, MN Injury Lawyer||Ramsey County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Dakota County, MN Injury Lawyer||Red Lake County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Dodge County, MN Injury Lawyer||Redwood County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Douglas County, MN Injury Lawyer||Renville County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Faribault County, MN Injury Lawyer||Rice County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Fillmore County, MN Injury Lawyer||Rock County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Freeborn County, MN Injury Lawyer||Roseau County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Goodhue County, MN Injury Lawyer||Scott County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Grant County, MN Injury Lawyer||Sherburne County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Hennepin County, MN Injury Lawyer||Sibley County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Houston County, MN Injury Lawyer||St. Louis County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Hubbard County, MN Injury Lawyer||Stearns County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Isanti County, MN Injury Lawyer||Steele County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Itasca County, MN Injury Lawyer||Stevens County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Jackson County, MN Injury Lawyer||Swift County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Kanabec County, MN Injury Lawyer||Todd County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Kandiyohi County, MN Injury Lawyer||Traverse County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Kittson County, MN Injury Lawyer||Wabasha County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Koochiching County, MN Injury Lawyer||Wadena County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Lac qui Parle County, MN Injury Lawyer||Waseca County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Lake County, MN Injury Lawyer||Washington County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Lake of the Woods County, MN Injury Lawyer||Watonwan County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Le Sueur County, MN Injury Lawyer||Wilkin County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Lincoln County, MN Injury Lawyer||Winona County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Lyon County, MN Injury Lawyer||Wright County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Mahnomen County, MN Injury Lawyer||Yellow Medicine County, MN Injury Lawyer|
|Marshall County, MN Injury Lawyer|
Virginia Personal Injury Damages
Choosing the right Injury lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
We Connect You with Personal Injury Claims Lawyers in all 50 States
Virginia Accident Injury Lawyers, Attorneys, Law Firms, Lawsuits, and Claims
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Injury Helpline Number for Virginia is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!