Missouri Personal Injury Lawsuit
We Connect You With Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident or because of the negligence of another party, you need to know how to protect your right to just financial compensation.
We help injury victims, and their families get fair and just compensation by connecting you with experienced legal representation.
If you have been the victim of an accident or negligence, a personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you have grounds for a lawsuit against negligent parties or negligent companies.
Most personal injury cases settle before or during trial with only a small percentage of injury lawsuits tried in court or reach a jury verdict.
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal action, brought in court, by an injured person who has been injured (either physically or emotionally) by another person or company.
If you have been injured in Missouri, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind. Call 888.267.1137 – Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline, 24/7 – 365 days a year!
Photo Credit: https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/watch-multiple-cars-crash-on-zumbehl-road-friday-afternoon/
Types of Personal Injury Claims in Missouri
Auto Accident Claims: If a driver is negligent and as a result, causes an accident due to his/her negligent conduct, he or she will be liable for the injuries that occur.
Medical Malpractice Cases: Medical malpractice is a legal lawsuit that occurs when a medical professional fails to perform his or her medical duties due to negligence, thereby causing injury to a patient.
Product Liability Lawsuits: If a product fails in its design, manufacturing or distribution and the result is serious injury or death, the manufacturer or distributor is held liable for injuries the product may cause to the injured party.
Slip and Fall Accidents: If a person is injured on the property of another due to that person’s negligence, they will be liable for premises liability.
Workers Compensation Law: In Missouri employers are required to carry workers compensation insurance. If an employee is injured while working, his or her employer will be required to compensate the injured party for his injury provided it occurred during the time of employment.
Wrongful Death Cases: If an individual dies during the course of another’s negligence, they will be liable for a wrongful death lawsuit.
Missouri Accident Statistics
- There were 174 workplace fatalities in Missouri in 2020.
- There were 108 pedestrian fatalities in Missouri in 2019.
- In 2019 in 13 Missouri bicyclists died and 375 were injured in bike accidents.
- There were 940 vehicle fatalities in Missouri in 2016.
- There were 7,023 vehicle accidents in Missouri in 2019.
- 38% of the total numbers of fatal car accidents are caused by speeding.
- In Missouri, drunk driving caused about 26.8 percent of fatal car accidents.
- One motorcyclist is injured or killed on Missouri roads every 3.9 hours.
- More than 70 percent of the people that are killed in Missouri car accidents are not wearing a seat belt.
- The Missouri Traffic Death rate is 13.66 per 100,000 Population which was slightly higher than average.
- Speeding is the number one cause of car accidents in Missouri and is responsible for 17.3 percent of the total auto accidents.
- In 2019 there were 163 boating accidents, and 18 persons were killed and 104 persons injured in recreational boating crashes in the state of Missouri.
- In Missouri only 79% of drivers and passengers wear a seat belt. In the United States, 85 percent of drivers and passengers wear a seat belt.
- Missouri is ranked 19th state in which you are most likely to be involved in a fatal car accident.
Missouri Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
Missouri’s statute of limitations gives an injured person 2 years after the occurrence of an injury or accident.
If you do not get your personal injury complaint filed before Missouri’s 2-year deadline passes, the court will refuse to hear your case altogether.
The Missouri statute of limitations on personal injury cases can be found at Missouri Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1.
Missouri Injury Accident Claim Settlement Process
Every injury accident claim starts with a free initial legal consultation. There is no fee unless you win your case.
We will discuss what happened to you and explain how we can help. If we believe you have a claim that we can be pursued, we will explain how we will proceed and what information (Insurance information and medical records, etc.) we will need you to gather to help us start your personal injury lawsuit.
Once you have formally engaged an attorney, he will handle all paperwork related to your injury claim. This will help you focus on your recovery and not have to worry about medical bills and expenses.
Missouri and Accident Injury Lawsuits
The state of Missouri has 114 counties, 312 townships, and 955 cities.
The state of Missouri covers an area of 69,701 square miles and this makes it only the 19th largest state in the U. S.
As of the 2019 United States Census, the population of Missouri was 6,137,00.
Missouri Workplace Personal Injuries
Injuries in the Missouri workplace can also be very disabling; employees can sue for damages incurred from a personal injury, exposure to toxic chemicals, harmful materials, safety hazards, slip & falls, electrocutions, and accidents due to poor equipment maintenance or negligence.
Missouri Personal Injury Lawyers
Missouri personal injury lawyers can help resolve your injustice and get you fair and just compensation for your injury.
Personal injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims of negligent companies. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering, and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic damage, mental anguish, and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.
Many personal injuries occur due to negligence on the part of one of the others involved. When another party’s negligence causes an accident, you are entitled compensation for medical expenses, pain, and suffering as well as other damages.
All of our experienced Missouri personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don’t get paid unless you do!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee! Complete the contact form to get a quick response!
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your personal injury lawsuit!
Personal Injury Statistics
- There are around 6 million car accidents in the U. S. each year.
- In the U. S. over 40,000 people are killed in vehicle crashes each year.
- More than 90 people will die each day in a car accident in the U. S.
- 1 person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes in the U. S.
- 50% of all airplane accidents are caused by pilot error.
- More than 1,000 people die in train accidents every year.
- Nearly 5,000 people are killed in truck accidents every year.
- 1 in 10 construction workers is injured every year in the U. S.
- 1 million children are injured in bicycle-related accidents each year.
- More than 3 million People are injured in crashes on U. S. roadways each year.
- 8,000 boating accidents are reported by the U. S. Coast Guard each year.
- 1 in 5 worker deaths last year were in the construction industry.
- There are more than 40,000 construction injuries in work zones each year.
- There are more than 1 million cases of whiplash reported each year in the U. S.
- Fatal head injuries are responsible for more than 60% of all bicycle fatalities.
- 41% of passenger vehicles in fatal crashes were involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- 1 million People in the United States suffer a workplace injury or occupational illness each year.
- Around 2 million drivers in car accidents experience permanent injuries every year in the U. S.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
- 5 million people suffer injury or death from prescription errors each year (The Institute of Medicine)
- Department of Transportation reports that every 2 hours a person is hit and killed by a train accident in the U. S.
- Motorcyclists are 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash according to NHTSA.
- 1 million Elderly Americans are victims of physical, psychological, and other forms of nursing home abuse each year.
Missouri Personal Injury Settlements & Verdicts
Settlements and verdicts listed are from news sources, court documents and public information.
- $2.5 Million Settlement: for the wrongful death of Missouri woman hit by a falling ladder from a construction vehicle.
- $14 Million Settlement: For the death of a 3-year-old boy sustained in a Missouri auto accident.
- 8 Million Settlement: For medical malpractice involving infant brain damage at birth in Missouri.
- 850,000 Settlement: For a Missouri warehouse worker who injured his hand on a delivery truck lift gate.
- $275,000 Settlement: For a Missouri 10 year-settlement for facial scars from a dog bite attack.
- $750,000 Million Settlement: for a boy that suffered a broken femur when struck by a car crossing the street.
- $10.9 Million Settlement: for a truck accident resulting in wrongful death and injury in Missouri.
- $970,000 Settlement: For a Nursing home abuse, medical malpractice and personal injury in Missouri.
- $1 Million Settlement: For a school student hit by a driver while walking in a school zone In Missouri.
- $900,000 Jury Award: For a Missouri electrical engineer Injured putting cable into commercial buildings.
- $400,000 Settlement: For a Missouri pedestrian injured when a vehicle rolled back leaving him with head and back injuries.
- $1 Million Settlement: For a Missouri truck driver rear ended with and underwent a one-level cervical fusion.
- $1.5 Million Settlement: For a Missouri worker that sustained a Brain Injury working on refinery tankers.
- $800,000 Settlement: for a family for the wrongful death of their father due to delay in diagnosis and treatment of colorectal cancer.
- $750,000 Settlement: for a Missouri woman with a severed leg injury from a motorcycle-truck accident.
- $600,000 Settlement: for a Missouri homeless man hit and run over by an elderly driver.
- The median verdict in a wrongful death case is in Missouri is $2,212,936, compared to the national average of $1,450,000
- The average financial award for personal injury trials in Missouri is $1,814,094.
Missouri Personal Injury Lawsuits
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury, lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Choosing the right Injury lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
Missouri Personal Injury Damages
We Connect You with Personal Injury Claims Lawyers in all Missouri Counties
We Connect You with Personal Injury Claims Lawyers in all Missouri Cities
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number for Missouri is 888.267.1137
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we cannot, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are available 24/7 to answer your questions with a phone call and will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a question about a personal injury, you do not have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
To get started is easy…
Call Toll-Free at 1.888.267.1137 for a Free Case Evaluation
An Intake Specialist will guide you through the process of providing us the information needed to see if you or your loved one qualifies for fair and just compensation for your injury.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL FOR THE CONSULTATION
Missouri Injury Lawyers that Will Fight for You!
TO GET HELP – Our nationwide toll-free Mesothelioma Helpline number is 888.267.1137