Missouri Personal Injury Lawsuit
We Connect You With Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
If you have been injured in an accident in Missouri, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind.
If you have been the victim of a personal injury, a personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against negligent parties.
Obtaining damages in a Missouri personal injury lawsuit can involve complex litigation with Statute of Limitations and the injury laws varying in each state.
The vast majority of personal injury cases settle before or during a trial with only a small percentage of injury lawsuits tried in court or reach a jury verdict.
Photo Credit: www.city-data.com – Missouri Injury Lawsuits
It is crucial that you contact a Missouri personal injury attorney experienced in handling person injury lawsuits and obtaining personal injury damages.
A personal injury lawyer is a lawyer who provides legal representation to those who have received injuries as a result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, or government agency.
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal action, brought in court, by an injured person who has been injured (either physically or emotionally) by another person.
Missouri Car Accident Statistics
Missouri is located in the western north-central United States and ranks 19th in size among the 50 states.
- There were 766 vehicle fatalities in Missouri in 2014.
- There were 757 vehicle fatalities in Missouri in 2013.
- There were 826 vehicle fatalities in Missouri in 2012.
- There were 15 boat fatalities in Missouri in 2014.
- There were 29 drowning fatalities in Missouri in 2014.
- 38% of the total numbers of fatal car accidents are caused by speeding.
- In Missouri, drunk driving caused about 26.8 percent of fatal car accidents.
- One motorcyclist is injured or killed on Missouri roads every 3.9 hours.
- More than 70 percent of the people that are killed in Missouri car accidents are not wearing a seat belt.
- The Missouri Traffic Death rate is 13.66 per 100,000 Population which was slightly higher than average.
- According to U.S. Coast Guard statistics, Missouri has the 8th most fatal boating accidents of all 50 states in 2013.
- Speeding is the number one cause of car accidents in Missouri and is responsible for 17.3 percent of the total auto accidents.
- In Missouri, only 79% of drivers and passengers wear a seat belt. In the United States, 85 percent of drivers and passengers wear a seat belt.
- A 2014 report published in the Missourian shows that more than 1,450 car accidents occurred in the Troop F area, which includes 13 counties of central Missouri.
Missouri Workplace Personal Injuries
Injuries at work can also be very disabling; employees can sue for damages incurred from a personal injury, exposure to toxic chemicals, harmful materials, safety hazards, accidents due to poor equipment maintenance or negligence.
A personal injury attorney can help resolve your injustice and get you fair and just compensation.
Personal injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims of negligent drivers. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering, and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic damage, mental anguish, and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.
Many personal injuries occur due to negligence on the part of one of the others involved. When another party’s negligence causes an accident, you are entitled compensation for medical expenses, pain, and suffering as well as other damages.
All of our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don’t get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your personal injury lawsuit.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee! Complete the contact form to get a quick response!
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your personal injury lawsuit!
Recent Personal Injury Settlements & Verdicts
- $5 Million Personal Injury Settlement: Personal Injury claim involving doctor’s failure to diagnose.
- $2.6 Million Settlement: Personal Injury Accutane birth defects.
- $2.5 Million Verdict: Personal Injury case involving a surgical error.
- $7.5 Million Settlement: Brain damage after surgery of 7-year-old at Hospital.
- $800,000 Settlement: Infant sustained injury during birth delivery.
- $3 Million Settlement: Cardiology malpractice wrongful death of 45-year-old man.
- $1.2 Million Settlement: Man was improperly administered medication causing brain damage.
- $3.1 Million settlement in a product liability/negligence action involving injuries sustain by an infant injured in a shopping cart accident.
- $1.73 Million jury verdict on behalf of ironworker injured in construction site accident.
- $2.1 Million Settlement: Wrongful death Personal Injury hospital’s improper discharge of patient.
- $2.2 Million Settlement: Faulty roadwork and road conditions resulted in a bicyclist crashing and suffering multiple broken bones and head injuries.
- $1.24 Million Settlement: A bicyclist was struck while riding through an intersection and run over by a truck making an illegal turn.
- $1.75 Million Settlement: A motorcyclist drove through intersection and car did not see him because of overgrown vegetation and, as a result, had a leg amputated.
- $1.5 Million Settlement: Minor child suffers a head injury in a car collision and the loss of her mother.
- $6 Million Settlement: 32-year-old wife and mother killed in a head-on collision by car driven by a sales representative. that crossed center line
- $4.2 Million Settlement: 13-year-old boy suffers brain damage after being struck by a car at an intersection.
- $2.4 Million Settlement: 72-year-old woman suffered a severe spinal injury from slip & fall on an uneven public sidewalk.
- $1.4 Million Settlement: Traumatic Brain injury caused by a driver who made an illegal left-hand turn.
- $5.2 Million Jury Award: Asbestos worker who developed malignant peritoneal mesothelioma from asbestos work exposure.
- $1.395 Million Jury Award: Woman involved in serious spinal injury from two-car collision at intersection.
- $1.25 Million Jury Award: Wrongful-death lawsuit by the family of a man who died as the result of a car wreck.
- $1 million Jury Award: Parents of a baby boy who died in his mother’s womb before an emergency C-section was performed.
- $12.3 million Jury Award: Insulator and construction worker died of malignant Mesothelioma cancer
- $12.3 million Jury Award: U. S. Steelworker died of occupational asbestos exposure causing malignant Mesothelioma.
Personal Injury Statistics
- 50% of all airplane accidents are caused by pilot error.
- 1 in 5 worker deaths last year were in the construction industry.
- More than 1,000 people die in train accidents every year.
- One person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes.
- Nearly 5,000 people are killed in truck accidents every year.
- 1 in 10 construction workers is injured every year in the U. S.
- 3 million People were injured in crashes on U. S. roadways in 2014.
- 8,000 boating accidents are reported by the U. S. Coast Guard each year.
- Estimates of 41,000 to 45,000 traffic deaths occur every year within the U.S.
- There are more than 40,000 construction injuries in work zones each year.
- There are more than 1 million cases of whiplash reported each year in the U. S.
- Fatal head injuries are responsible for more than 60% of all bicycle fatalities.
- 1 million children are injured in bicycle-related accidents each year.
- 41% of passenger vehicles in fatal crashes were involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- 1 million People in the United States suffer a workplace injury or occupational illness each year.
- Pharmacy errors and prescription errors account for as many as 98,000 deaths each year.
- 225,000 medical malpractice deaths happen each in the U. S.(National Institute of Health).
- Motorcyclists are 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash according to NHTSA.
- 5 million people suffer injury or death from prescription errors each year (The Institute of Medicine)
- 1 million Elderly Americans are victims of physical, psychological and other forms of nursing home abuse each year.
- Department of Transportation reports that every 2 hours a person is hit and killed by a train accident in the U. S.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
Personal Injury Missouri Lawsuit
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Personal Injury Damages
Choosing the right Injury lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
We welcome your questions, and we will return your calls within 24 hours.
We Connect You with Personal Injury Claims Lawyers in all Missouri Counties
We Connect You with Personal Injury Claims Lawyers in all Missouri Cities
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Injury Helpline Number for Missouri is 888.267.1137
If you or a family member has been in a serious accident with injuries, you should immediately consult with an experienced Missouri personal injury lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from negligent parties.
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!