AVIATION ACCIDENT LAWSUITS
Experienced Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
Aviation Crash victims have legal rights that can provide financial relief, pay medical bills, pay burial expenses, and provide peace of mind.
An aviation accident is any event involving an aircraft that causes personal injury, property damage, or death. An aviation accident can occur while the aircraft is in flight, on the ground, in ascent, or in descent. Most aviation accidents involve some element of negligence.
If you or a next of kin of someone was injured in an aircraft crash, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit and have a right to recover compensation from negligent parties.
When an aircraft crash occurs, the U. S. government provides support services to the families of airline disaster victims and to survivors. Families and survivors can also bring legal claims against the airline, aircraft, and parts manufacturers, and other negligent third parties, depending on what caused the aircraft to crash.
Photo Credit: https://abc11.com/philadelphia-news-airport-accident-at-international-truck/5056430/
Small aircraft crashes are the most common type of aviation accidents.
Airplane crashes are almost always catastrophic to passengers, pilots, and people around the crash site. Aviation accidents can be caused by pilot error, manufacturing defects, bad weather, mechanical failure, bird strikes, and other complications.
When an aviation crash is caused by another party’s negligence, victims and their families may be eligible for financial compensation through an aircraft crash lawsuit.
You should waste no time seeking the assistance of an experienced aviation injury attorney. By acting quickly, you will ensure that crash site evidence and witness recollections are fresh and will make sure that your statute of limitations does not expire or void your right to pursue a legal claim.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Personal Injury lawsuit!
Getting Help With an Aviation Accident Case
If you are thinking about filing an aviation accident lawsuit, it is very important for you to get advice or representation from an experienced Aviation Aircraft injury lawyer.
All our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and do not get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your Personal Injury lawsuit. Be sure to know your states statute of limitations so you do not miss your deadline for filing your aviation accident lawsuit.
Aviation Crash Injury Types
Common Aviation Aircraft Injuries
Aviation accident injuries can be minor to severe, and even be fatal and may include:
|Broken Bones Injuries|
|Spinal Cord Injuries|
|Traumatic Brain Injuries|
Aviation Accident Statistics
Most aviation accidents happen in small aircraft and sightseeing and medivac helicopters.
- 50% of all airplane accidents are caused by pilot error.
- 21% of all airplane accidents are caused by some type of mechanical error.
- 21% of all airplane accidents are caused by weather conditions.
- The most unsafe times for an aircraft accident to occur are during takeoff and landing.
- Statistics show that up to 80 p& of all aviation accidents can be attributed to some type of human error.
- When calculating by distance, airplanes are 62 times safer than cars and trucks.
- The FAA has stated that no one seat is safer than any other in a commercial airliner.
- Pilots with less than 100 hours of flying experience account for 45% of all fatal aviation crashes.
- The National Transportation Safety Board estimated a total of nearly 24 million flight hours in 2007.
- The worst year for aviation crash deaths was 1972, when 3,214 people died in airplane crashes.
- The safest year for airplane accidents was 2007, when 766 people died in aviation accidents.
- Helicopter accidents statistics show a rate was 75 for every 100,000 flight hours.
- Airplane accident statistics show a rate of about 0175 per 100,000 flight hours.
- In a study by Popular Mechanics, it was determined that the safest place to sit in an airplane is near the tail.
- According to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), there were 1,233 aircraft accidents nationwide in 2017.
- Scheduled commercial flights had an accident rate of 0.16 per 100,000 air miles traveled while non-scheduled commercial flights had an accident rate of 0.14. – National Transportation Safety Board
- In 2019 airline accident statistics show a total of 20 fatal airline accidents, resulting in the death 283 passengers. – Aviation Safety Network
- Major airlines experienced 1 onboard fatality and had a fatal accident rate of 0.005 per 100,000 flight hours in 2018.
- Aircraft accidents involving a U. S. civilian aircraft increased from 1,315 in 2017 to 1,347 in 2018.
- In 2019 there were 1,302 civil aviation accidents, down from 1,347 civil aviation accidents in 2018.
- Worldwide air traffic is estimated to be 39,000,000 flights each year with the accident rate being 1 fatal accident per 2 million flights.
- Commercial drone registrations totaled about 412,000 in 2019. – Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- In 2015, more than 895.3 million passengers flew on U.S. airlines. – The U.S. Department of Transportation
- In the U. S. a total of 10,505 people had lost their lives in fatal aircraft accidents from 1945 to 2013.
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Aviation Crash lawsuit!
If you or a loved one has been involved in an aircraft accident where you feel you may be entitled to compensation complete the contact form on the right or call us at 1-888-267.1137 for a FREE CASE EVALUATION. A live personal injury counselor is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day
Legal Claims in an Aviation Accident
Federal Tort Claims Act: Allows private U. S. citizens to bring lawsuits against the federal government and its employees for tort injuries committed in the capacity of federal employment.
Negligence: Holds responsible parties liable for injuries and death caused by negligence and breach of duty.
Strict Liability: Refers to product liability in cases when a defendant puts a product into the marketplace and has responsibility for damages caused by that product.
Vicarious Liability: Also referred to as respondeat superior, is when the employer is responsible for the employee’s actions during the capacity of their employment.
Who Is Liable in an Aviation Lawsuit
If a person is injured or killed in an aircraft accident, a lawsuit may be brought to recover money damages from companies responsible for causing the accident. Examples of negligent parties that can be held legally responsible for financial damages in an aircraft crash case include.
Aircraft Injury Links – Aviation Crash
|Aircraft Injury Types|
All of our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and do not get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your Air Race injury lawsuit Fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION form or call toll free us now
Choosing an experienced personal injury accident lawyer will be very important to your lawsuit and the amount of compensation of your settlement!
Aviation Injury Settlements & Verdicts
- $15 Million Airplane Accident Settlement: For a 47-year old passenger injured in a single-engine airplane accident.
- $6 Million Helicopter Crash Settlement: For a passenger injured in an air show helicopter crash.
- $3 Million Aviation Wrongful Death Settlement: For a family of a missionary who died in a plane crash caused by broken camshaft gear.
- $2 Million Slip & Fall Settlement: For passenger exiting stairs on a commuter plane defective metal handrail fall to the ground causing his death.
- $13.75 Million Wrongful Death Settlement: Caused by a defective airplane engine.
- $7.3 Million Helicopter Sightseeing Tour Settlement: For the wrongful death caused by the crash of a helicopter on a sightseeing tour.
- $26 Million Plane Crash Settlement: For the wrongful deaths of a husband and wife in a North Carolina plane crash.
- $32 Million Single Engine Crash Settlement: For a student pilot flying a Piper Malibu Single Engine Aircraft was burned in the crash.
- $9 Million Helicopter Accident Settlement: For two families of two pilots killed when their logging helicopter crashed.
- $27.5 Million Small Plane Crash Settlement: For families of skydivers killed in a small plane crash.
- $2 Million Commercial Air Crash Settlement: For the death of a 7–year–old child killed on Alaska Airlines
- $4 Million Charter Plane Settlement: For a wrongful death in a charter plane crash that occurred overseas.
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a personal injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Statute of Limitations for Aviation Accident Lawsuits
The statute of limitations to file an aviation accident lawsuit may depend on the state where the accident occurred. It may also depend on the type of aircraft accident or the company that is responsible. The best thing you can do is to contact an experienced aviation attorney as soon to begin the process of filing your case.
Diagnosed with Mesothelioma?
Asbestos companies that have filed for bankruptcy protection have established asbestos trust funds to pay claims. There are about 65 active Asbestos Trust Funds totaling more than 30 billion.
Since the mid-1980s more than 100 Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have been established in the U.S. At least a dozen trust funds have equities exceeding $1 billion.
More than 30 billion dollars is currently available for distribution to qualified applicants. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have set criteria of values they pay to qualified claimants.
Asbestos Trust Funds have paid out $18 billion for more than 3 million claims!
Air Race Accident Injury Damages
When pilots, airport operators, air traffic controllers and other aviation workers make mistakes, innocent people can suffer serious injuries or death. When injured in an aviation accident a patient and their loved ones can receive financial compensation for their injuries and wrongful death.
Victims in injury-related claims are entitled to damages including:
Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been injured in an Aviation Accident, we can help you start an injury lawsuit against responsible parties to help with medical bills and financial compensation.
Our experienced nationwide aviation injury lawyers will help you get just and fair compensation for your injuries.
Call our Injury Toll Free Helpline at 888.267.1137 and get help today!
We are always available 24 hours a day to answer your questions with a phone call or email and we will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about an injury or wrongful death lawsuit, you do not have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!