Assisted Living Facility Injury Lawyer
Experienced Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
Nursing Home Injury victims have legal rights that can provide financial relief, pay medical bills, pay burial expenses, recover damages, and provide peace of mind.
A Nursing Home accident is any event involving an elderly resident that causes personal injury, financial loss, property damage, or death caused by the negligence of nursing home operators.
If you or a next of kin of someone was injured in a nursing home, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit and have a right to recover compensation from negligent parties.
There are more than 2 million nursing home residents and 16,000 nursing homes in the U. S. It is estimated that nearly 1 million senior citizens are victimized each year in the United States.
Anyone injured in a nursing home, convalescent home, retirement home, veterans home, or senior citizen’s home accident may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages caused by elder abuse or negligence.
Photo Credit: https://abcnews.go.com/US/happened-police-chief-florida-nursing-home-staffers-charged/story?id=65215441
When a nursing home injury is caused by another party’s negligence you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as other damages.
If you or a loved one has been involved injured at a nursing home where you feel they may be entitled to compensation, complete the contact form on the right or call us at 1-888.267.1137 for a FREE CASE EVALUATION. A live personal injury counselor is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Personal Injury lawsuit!
Getting Help with a Nursing Home Lawsuit
If you are thinking about filing a Nursing Home injury lawsuit, it is especially important for you to get advice or representation from an experienced nursing home injury lawyer.
All our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and do not get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your nursing home Injury lawsuit. Be sure to know your states statute of limitations so you do not miss your deadline for filing your personal injury lawsuit.
Types of Nursing Home Injuries
- Aspiration Pneumonia
- Bed Rail Entrapment
- Bed Rail Injuries
- Bed Sores
- Bone Fractures
- Broken Hips
- Dropped Patients
- Emotional Withdrawal
- Excessive/Improper Restraints
- Head Injuries
- Hip Fractures
- Improper Medication
- Improper Treatment
- Medication Errors
- Medication Overdoses
- Pelvic Fractures
- Physical Discomfort
- Physical Assault
- Pressure Ulcers
- Resident Falls
- Sexual Abuse
- Silence Around Caretakers
- Slip & Falls
- Subdural Hematoma
- Unclean Conditions
- Unexplained Diseases
- Unexpected Falls
- Unexplained Infections
- Unsanitary Conditions
- Untimely or Unexplained Death
- Wheelchair Injury
- Wrongful Death
Causes of Nursing Home Accidents
- Breach of Statutory or Regulatory Rights
- Doctor Negligence
- Financial Exploitation
- Hazardous or Unsanitary Conditions
- Inadequate Staffing
- Lack of Supervision
- Medication Errors
- Negligent Hiring Practices
- Nursing Negligence
- Prescription Drug Errors
- Substandard Medical Treatment
- Third-Party Responsibility Claims
Nursing Home Accident Statistics
- 6 million Americans are living in nursing homes or an assisted living facility.
- 1 in 10 Americans age 65 or older will spend some of their lives in a nursing home.
- 50% of nursing home residents do not have close relatives or any family support.
- 44% of nursing home residents have suffered some type of physical abuse.
- 75% of the nursing home residents are women and 50% of nursing home residents are age 85 or older.
- 1 million elderly Americans are victims of physical, psychological, and other forms of nursing home abuse each year.
Types of Nursing Home Abuse
Physical Abuse in Nursing Homes
- Burning Skin
- Chemical Restraints
- Deprivation of Medication
- Knocking Down
- Physical Restraints
- Pulling Hair
- Withholding Hydration
- Withholding Hygiene Needs
- Withholding Nutrition
Sexual Abuse in Nursing Homes
- Emotional Abuse
- Forced Exposure to Pornography
- Forced Oral Copulation
- Inappropriate Touching
- Sexual Assault
- Sexual Coercion
- Sexual Harassment
Financial Abuse in Nursing Homes
- Accessing Bank Accounts of Resident
- Billing Resident for Services Not Provided
- Changes in Power of Attorney
- Changes in Will
- Electronic Transfers
- Electronic Debits from Resident s Account
- Forged Check of a Resident
- Identity Theft of Resident for Financial Gain
- Online Credit Card Transactions
- Stealing Money from Resident
- Stealing Property from Resident
- Self-Dealing Transactions with A Resident
- Tricking Resident into Executing A Contract or Trust
Emotional Abuse in Nursing Home
- Emotional Manipulation
- Verbal Abuse
Nursing Home Injury Abuse Verdicts & Settlements
- $1.35 Million Nursing Home Death Settlement for a nursing home resident that died because of nursing home negligence.
- $600,000 Nursing Home Death Settlement for a nursing home resident that died from pressure sores infection.
- $700,000 Nursing Home Fall Settlement for negligence in a nursing home resulting in slip and fall hip fracture and neglect.
- $1.5 Million Nursing Home Death Settlement for failure to properly treat resident’s wounds and in allowing bed sores to develop causing death.
- $375,000 Nursing Home Death Settlement for a slip and fall in a nursing home, resulting in a broken neck and death.
- $290,000 Nursing Home Death Settlement for a nursing home patient involving failure to obtain emergency medical care.
- $200,000 Nursing Home Death Settlement for a nursing home fall resulting in fractured hip and unexplained bruising on an elderly resident.
- $500,000 Nursing Home Neglect Death Settlement for the death of 83-year-old nursing home resident caused by faulty bed rails.
- $3.5 Million Nursing Home Death Settlement for the neglect of a nursing home resident that suffered severe burns causing death.
- $1.35 Million Malnutrition Death Settlement for nursing home neglect and failure to ensure proper nutrition and hydration causing death.
- $1.3 Million Misplaced Feeding Tube Death Settlement for a nursing home resident that had feeding tube misplaced resulting in death.
Nursing Home Abuse Statistics
- More than 2.6 million Americans are living in nursing homes or an assisted living facility.
- 1 in 10 Americans over age 65 will spend some of their lives in an adult care facility or nursing home.
- More than 50% of nursing home residents do not have close relatives or any family support.
- 90% of U. S. nursing homes have staff levels too low for adequate care.
- 1 out of 3 nursing home patients are prescribed antipsychotic drugs.
- It is estimated that only 20% of nursing home abuse cases are ever reported and many go unnoticed by family and Nursing home staff.
- The average annual cost for a private nursing home room will be $175,000 by the year 2021.
- The average cost for a private nursing home room in 2003 was $66,000.
- 1 million Elderly Americans are victims of physical, psychological and other forms of nursing home abuse each year.
- 75% of the nursing home aides prosecuted for nursing home abuse has a previous criminal record.
- CNN reported that more than 90% of nursing home facilities are understaffed which creates an environment for nursing home abuse.
- More than 11% of nursing homes have been cited for unnecessary dispensing prescription drugs to elderly patients.
- A recent study reported that 44% of nursing home residents have suffered some type of physical abuse.
- A recent study reported that 38% of nursing home residents have witnessed a nursing home injury inflicted on the elderly.
- 66% of nursing home residents suffer from Alzheimer’s disease or a condition that limits their awareness that abuse is occurring.
- 75% of the nursing home residents are women with about 50% of nursing home residents are age 85 or older.
- 90% of nursing home abuse abusers are staff members, other residents, and familiar residents known by the victim.
- Only 16% of all elder abuse cases are ever reported according to a study by the National Elder Abuse Incident Study.
- Recent studies show that over 90% of U. S. nursing homes have been cited by health inspectors for deficiencies.
For a nursing home injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers must show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In nursing home injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Statute of Limitations for Nursing Home Accident Lawsuits
The statute of limitations to file a nursing home lawsuit may depend on the state where the injury occurred. It may also depend on the type of nursing home injury or the company that is responsible. The best thing you can do is to contact an experienced nursing home attorney as soon to begin the process of filing your case.
Diagnosed with Mesothelioma?
What Are Asbestos Trust Funds?
If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma or asbestos lung cancer, you may be entitled to financial compensation from Asbestos Trust Funds.
Asbestos companies that have filed for bankruptcy protection have established asbestos trust funds to pay claims. There are about 65 active Asbestos Trust Funds totaling more than 30 billion.
Since the mid-1980s more than 100 Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have been established in the U.S. At least a dozen trust funds have equities exceeding $1 billion.
More than 30 billion dollars is currently available for distribution to qualified applicants. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have set criteria of values they pay to qualified claimants.
Asbestos Trust Funds have paid out $18 billion for more than 3 million claims!
Nursing Home Injury Damages
When nursing homes, nursing home operators, nursing home staff, and other nursing home workers make mistakes, innocent people can suffer serious injuries or death. When injured in an nursing home a patient and their loved ones can receive financial compensation for their injuries and wrongful death.
Victims in injury-related claims are entitled to damages including:
Need a Nursing Home Injury Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been injured in a Nursing home, we can help you start an injury lawsuit against responsible parties to help with medical bills and financial compensation.
Our experienced nationwide aviation injury lawyers will help you get just and fair compensation for your injuries.
Call our Injury Toll Free Helpline at 888.267.1137 and get help today!
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we cannot, maybe direct you to someone who can.
We are always available 24 hours a day to answer your questions with a phone call or email and we will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about a nursing home injury or wrongful death lawsuit, you do not have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!