18 Wheeler Truck Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Experienced Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
If a person dies because of the misconduct or negligence of another, the surviving family members may sue for wrongful death damages and losses that may include lost companionship, lost wages, and funeral expenses, burial costs, among others.
A 18 Wheeler Truck Wrongful Death accident can happen at any moment. If a family member or someone you know has been killed in an accident, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind.
Each state allows a certain amount of time called a 18 Wheeler Truck Wrongful Death to file a lawsuit. The clock typically starts on the day a person is dies.
Our experienced wrongful death lawyers will help you determine what legal action is available to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Photo Credit: https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca
There are 146,500 accident-related deaths on average every year in the U. S.
Elements of Wrongful Death Lawsuits
To bring forth a wrongful death lawsuit, several of these elements must be present.
A person’s death was caused by another person’s negligence or by another person’s intent to cause the deceased individual injury or death.
The death must cause financial hardship for surviving family members.
Appointment of a personal legal representative for the estate of the decedent.
Filing your wrongful death case within the time constraints set forth in the statute of limitations for the state where the person died.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Only certain family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit but, in most cases, it is either the immediate family or whoever manages the deceased’s estate.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits Can Be Filed By:
The deceased spouse or children.
If there is no spouse or children, the deceased parents may file.
If there are no parents, a wrongful death lawsuit may be filed by the deceased siblings.
If there are no siblings, the deceased grandparents may file.
If the deceased is a minor child, surviving parents may file.
Family members related to the deceased by adoption or marriage can also file a wrongful death lawsuit. If there are no living family members, the person managing the deceased’s estate can file the lawsuit.
The laws for wrongful death lawsuits and statute of limitations vary for each state, every state does allow a wrongful death lawsuit to be filed by a member of the immediate family.
Many personal injuries and deaths occur due to negligence on the part of one of others involved. When an accident is caused by another party s negligence you are entitled compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, loss of decedent’s future income, loss of inheritance as well as other damages.
If you or a loved one has been killed in accident where you feel you may be entitled to compensation complete the contact form on the right or call us at 1-888.267.1137 for a free case evaluation. A live personal injury counselor is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Personal Injury lawsuit!
Our experienced occupational disease injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don t get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
Recent Wrongful Death Settlements & Verdicts
- $2 Million Worker Death Settlement for a construction worker asphyxiated by methane gas.
- 3 Million Death Settlement for a Cardiology malpractice wrongful death of 45-year-old man.
- $3.5 Million Construction Death Settlement for a Construction worker killed by falling construction wall.
- $2.1 Million Wrongful Death Settlement for the death Medical Malpractice hospital’s improper discharge of patient.
- $600,000 Infant Death Settlement for the death of an 11-day old infant caused by hospital negligence during the baby’s delivery.
- $7.3 Million Wrongful Death Verdict for Helicopter Sightseeing Tour death caused by the crash of a helicopter on a sightseeing tour.
- $26 Million Aircraft Crash Settlement for the wrongful deaths of a husband and wife in a North Carolina plane crash.
- $1.3 Million Wrongful Death Settlement for a Carpenter that fell through a roof opening at a construction jobsite causing his death.
- $1.2 Million Wrongful Death Settlement for a construction worker killed because of defective construction man lift.
- $5 Million Wrongful Death Verdict for a railroad man killed when attempting to cross a railroad crossing and his vehicle and was struck by a train.
- $1.7 million Child Death Settlement for parents of a 9-year-old killed when he was struck by a truck just after he had gotten off a school bus.
- $6 Million Wrongful Death Settlement for a 32-year-old wife and mother killed in a head-on collision by car driven by a sales representative that crossed into the center line.
- $1.25 Million Jury Wrongful Death Award for a 18 Wheeler Truck Wrongful Death lawsuit by the family of a man who died as the result of a car wreck.
- $1.75 Million Pharmacy Death Settlement for the death of a 6-month-old girl who died after a pharmacy improperly filled wrong prescription for her heart medication.
Wrongful Death Accident Statistics and Facts
- Every year, over 90,000 deaths occur due to medical malpractice in the U. S.
- The leading cause of workplace deaths is work-related motor vehicle accidents.
- 40% of workplace deaths occurred in transportation incidents.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
- There is one death vehicle related death reported every 2 hours and 35 minutes.
- Nearly 5,000 people are killed in truck accidents every year.
- 19% of large trucks in fatal crashes are involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- 30% of passenger vehicle occupants killed in two-vehicle crashes are in head-on crashes with the truck.
- 34% of all fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred at night (6:00 pm to 6:00 am).
- 41% of passenger vehicles in fatal crashes were involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- 49% of large truck occupant deaths occurred in crashes in which their vehicles rolled over.
- 60% of deaths in truck crashes occurred on major roads other than interstates and freeways.
- 60% of occupants killed in multiple-vehicle crashes occurred in collisions involving another large truck.
- 63% of fatal large truck crashes involved two vehicles.
- 8% percent of work zone fatal crashes involved at least one large truck.
- Estimates of 41,000 to 45,000 traffic deaths occur every year within the U.S.
- Intercity buses accounted for 13 % of all buses involved in fatal crashes.
- More than 25% of all fatal crashes involving large trucks rural or urban Interstate highways.
- More than 80% of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred on weekdays (Monday through Friday).
- One person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes.
- Pharmacy errors and prescription errors account for as many as 98,000 deaths each year.
- School buses and transit buses accounted for 41% of all buses involved in fatal crashes
- Single-vehicle crashes make up 22% of all fatalities in Truck crashes.
- Speeding was determined as the primary cause of death in 28.4% of accidents in the U. S.
- The national motor vehicle crash death rate is 1.11 deaths per 100 million vehicle miles traveled.
- The national motor vehicle crash death rate is of 10.3 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Walkers and bikers account for 15% of the total traffic deaths each year.
- There were 99.8 fatalities for every 100,000 full-time commercial fishermen last year making it the most dangerous job in the U. S.
- 1 in 5 worker deaths last year were in the construction industry.
- 2 construction workers die of work-related injuries in the United States each day.
- Over 37,000 people die in road accidents each year in the U. S. – NHTSA Traffic Safety Facts, 2019.
- There is an average of one alcohol-impaired driving fatality every 48 minutes
- Air pollution causes between 50,000 and 100,000 premature deaths in the U. S. each year.
- 1 in 5 worker deaths are construction related deaths. – U. S. Department of Labor
- More than 20,000 workers are injured in road construction work zones each year.
- There are over 3 million injuries from transportation accidents reported each year in the U. S. – Bureau of Labor Statistics
Wrongful Death Lawsuit Damages
Each state allows the surviving heirs of a family to file a wrongful death lawsuit in the event of another party’s negligence causing the death of a loved one. Factors that courts consider when determining wrongful death damages can include:
Victims in injury-related claims are entitled to damages including:
Choosing the right wrongful death lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
Diagnosed with Mesothelioma?
Call 888.640.0914 24/7 365 Days a Year for a Free Mesothelioma Case Evaluation
20 years of experience helping mesothelioma victims get fair and just financial compensation!
Asbestos companies that have filed for bankruptcy protection have established asbestos trust funds to pay claims. There are about 65 active Asbestos Trust Funds totaling more than 30 billion.
Since the mid-1980s more than 100 Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have been established in the U.S. At least a dozen trust funds have equities exceeding $1 billion.
More than 30 billion dollars is currently available for distribution to qualified applicants. Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Funds have set criteria of values they pay to qualified claimants.
Asbestos Trust Funds have paid out $18 billion for more than 3 million claims!
Need a 18 Wheeler Truck Wrongful Death Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been killed by a negligent party, we can help you start a wrongful death lawsuit against responsible parties to help with medical bills and financial compensation.
Our experienced nationwide wrongful death lawyers will help you get just and fair compensation for your injuries.
Call our Injury Toll-Free Helpline at 888.267.1137 and get help today!
We are always available 24 hours a day to answer your questions with a phone call or email and we will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a question about an injury or wrongful death lawsuit, you do not have to come into our office. Call us, and you will speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.