Injury Lawyer: Loss of Companionship Claims
We Help You Get Fair and Just Compensation for Your Personal Injury Lawsuit!
What is Loss of Companionship Claims?
- Loss of Companionship Damages is also referred to as “Loss of Consortium.”
- Loss of Companionship is also sometimes referred to as the “Loss of Society, Loss of Conjugal Fellowship,” and “Loss of Marital Compatibility.”
- Loss of Companionship is considered non-economic damages because the loss of companionship cannot be quantified in numbers.
- Loss of Companionship refers to the damage sustained to a personal injury victims relationship because of an injury to you or your spouse.
- Loss of Companionship is considered non-economic damage and is often associated with wrongful death cases and also refers to the loss of care, companionship, and affections of a loved one, whether or not there is a decrease or loss of a sexual relationship.
Who Can You Recover Damages Loss of Consortium?
- Parental Consortium: Some states have recognized the loss of a relationship between a child and a parent.
- Unmarried Partners and Couples: Some jurisdictions to extend Loss of Companionship to same-sex partners or unmarried couples in a permanent relationship.
- Grandparents: Some states recognize the rights of grandparents to their grandchildren in limited circumstances.
If you have been injured in an accident, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind. There are over 3 million injuries from transportation accidents each year and about 150,000 construction site accidents reported each year in the United States, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
We are currently evaluating all personal injury claims throughout the U. S. Victims of accidents, negligence, and personal injury have the right to seek compensation for their injuries, damages, Loss of Companionship Claims, and medical expenses.
Our personal injury lawyers handle all types of accident claims. We also handle every variety of personal injury accident claim and motor vehicle accident compensation cases.
Personal injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims of negligent drivers. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, Loss of Companionship Claims, pain, suffering, and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic damage, mental anguish, and Loss of Companionship Claims in caring for an injured family member.
Many personal injuries occur due to negligence on the part of one of the others involved. When another party’s negligence causes an accident, you are entitled compensation for medical expenses, pain, and suffering as well as other damages.
All of our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don’t get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your personal injury lawsuit.
Injury Damages: Loss of Companionship Claims
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee! Complete the contact form to get a quick response!
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Personal Injury lawsuit!
Recent Personal Injury Statistics
- $5 Million Personal Injury Settlement: Personal Injury claim involving doctor’s failure to diagnose.
- $2.6 Million Settlement: Personal Injury Accutane birth defects.
- $2.5 Million Verdict: Personal Injury case involving a surgical error.
- $7.5 Million Settlement: Brain damage after surgery of 7-year-old at Hospital.
- $800,000 Settlement: Infant sustained injury during birth delivery.
- $3 Million Settlement: Cardiology malpractice Loss of Companionship of 45-year-old man.
- $1.2 Million Settlement: Man was improperly administered medication causing brain damage.
- $3.1 Million settlement in a product liability/negligence action involving injuries sustain by an infant injured in a shopping cart accident.
- $1.73 Million jury verdict on behalf of iron worker injured in construction site accident.
- $2.1 Million Settlement: Loss of Companionship Personal Injury hospital’s improper discharge of patient.
- $2.2 Million Settlement – Faulty roadwork and hazardous road conditions resulted in a bicyclist crashing and suffering multiple broken bones and severe head injuries.
- $1.24 Million Settlement – A bicyclist was struck while riding through and intersection and run over by a truck making an illegal turn.
- $1.75 Million Settlement – A motorcyclist drove through intersection and car did not see him because of overgrown vegetation and, as a result, had a leg amputated.
- $1.5 Million Settlement – Minor child suffers a head injury in a car collision and the loss of her mother.
- $6 Million Settlement – 32-year-old wife and mother killed in a head-on collision by car driven by a sales representative that crossed the center line
- $4.2 Million Settlement – 13-year-old boy suffers brain damage after being struck by a car at an intersection.
- $2.4 Million Settlement – 72-year-old woman suffered a severe spinal injury from slip & fall on an uneven public sidewalk.
- $1.4 Million Settlement – Traumatic Brain injury caused by a driver who made an illegal left-hand turn causing a collision.
- $5.2 Million Jury Award – Asbestos worker who developed malignant peritoneal mesothelioma from asbestos work exposure.
- $1.395 Million Jury Award – Woman involved in serious spinal injury from two-car collision at intersection.
- $1.25 Million Jury Award – Wrongful-death lawsuit by the family of a man who died as the result of a car wreck.
- $1 million Jury Award – Parents of a baby boy who died in his mother’s womb before an emergency C-section was performed.
- $12.3 million Jury Award – Insulator and construction worker died of malignant Mesothelioma cancer
- $12.3 million Jury Award – U. S. Steelworker died of occupational asbestos exposure causing malignant Mesothelioma.
Personal Injury Statistics
- There are more than 1 million cases of whiplash reported each year in the U. S.
- Fatal head injuries are responsible for more than 60% of all bicycle fatalities.
- There are over 3 million injuries each year from transportation accidents.
- 2/3 of all bicycle accident reported deaths are from traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- There were 109 Bicycle accident-related deaths in 2009.
- There was 950 Motorcycle crash related traffic deaths in 2009.
- There was 563 Pedestrian related deaths in 2009.
- There were 17,000 truck-related accidents reported in 2009.
- There were 90,000 motorcycle related injuries reported in 2009.
- 50,000 bicycle injuries reported each year in the United States.
- 1 million children are injured in bicycle-related accidents each year.
- 8,000 boating accidents are reported by the U. S. Coast Guard each year.
- 500,000 truck and commercial vehicles were involved in accidents in 2010.
- The U. S. Department of Transportation reported 33,808 nationwide traffic accident deaths in 2009.
- More than 100,000 motorcycles are involved in crashes each year according to the latest data from the NHTSA.
- Motorcyclists are 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash according to NHTSA.
Personal Injury Lawsuit
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Personal Injury Damages
Choosing the right Injury lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
Personal Injury Damages: Loss of Companionship Claims
We welcome your questions, and we will return your calls within 24 hours.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll-Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!