Santa Cruz County, CA Personal Injury Lawyer
We Connect You With Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
Being involved in an accident can be a traumatizing and stressful experience, especially if you are seriously injured or lose a loved one as a result of someone else s negligence.
If you have been injured in Santa Cruz County, CA, a personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against negligent parties.
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal action, brought in court, by a person who has been injured (either physically or emotionally) by another person, manufacturer or company.
It is very important that you contact a Personal Injury attorney as soon as possible after an injury to protect your legal rights and statute of limitations in obtaining personal injury damages. Knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in California?
The vast majority of personal injury cases in California are settled before or during trial with only a small percentage of injury lawsuits tried in court or reach a jury verdict.
Obtaining damages in a California Personal Injury lawsuit can involve complex litigation which is why you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to represent you. National personal injury statistics show that people that are represented by an attorney receive significantly higher settlement amounts than injured victims that represent themselves.
A personal injury lawyer can provide legal representation to those who have been injured as a result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, or government agency.
Free No Cost Case Evaluation
Don t Lose Your Rights to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Request a free case evaluation of your personal injury case in Santa Cruz County, CA. If you or someone you love has suffered a personal injury do to the negligence of another we can help. The evaluation will cost you nothing.
Our personal injury attorneys will help you get fair and just compensation for your injury. We understand how difficult a time this is for you and will assist in any way that we can. You can also fill out our contact form to have a qualified California personal injury lawyer contact you within 24 hours, or you can call us toll free at 1-888-267-1137.
California Car Accident Statistics
- In 2016, there were 490, 168 reported vehicle accidents in California.
- In 2016, there were 3,842 reported vehicle deaths in California.
- In 2016, there were178,585 reported injuries in California.
- Pedestrian fatalities age 65 and older increased 7.6 percent from 159 in 2012 to 172 in 2013.
- Bicycle fatalities in California were 141 in 2013.
- In 2014, more than 230,000 people were injured in auto accidents in California.
- The California Mileage Death Rate (MDR) for fatalities is 0.91 per 100 million miles traveled. (National average is 1.09 MDR).
California Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
California’s statute of limitations gives an injured person 2 years after the occurrence of an injury or accident.
If you don’t get your personal injury complaint filed before California’s 2-year deadline passes, the court will refuse to hear your case altogether.
The California statute of limitations on personal injury cases can be found at California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1.
Personal Injury Accidents in California:
Auto Accident Lawsuits
There are over 3 million injuries from transportation accidents reported each year in the United States according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
|Aggressive Driving Accidents||Hit & Run Accidents||Rollover Accidents|
|Auto Manufacturer Liability Accidents||Hit by Car Accidents||Sideswiped Accidents|
|Broadside Collision Accidents||Intersection Accidents||Single vehicle Accidents|
|Distracted Driving Accidents||Jackknife Accidents||Speeding-related Accidents|
|Failure to Yield Accidents||Multi-vehicle Accidents||SUV Rollover Accidents|
|Fender Bender Accidents||Negligent Driving Accidents||Taxicab Accidents|
|Hazardous Roadway Accidents||Rea Ended Accidents||T-Boned Accidents|
|Head-on Collision Accidents||Reckless Driving Accidents||Fatal Auto Accidents|
Boat/Maritime Accident Lawsuits
There are about 8,000 maritime boating accidents each year in the U. S.
|Canoe/Kayak Accident||Fishing Boat Accident||Powerboat Accident|
|Capsized Boat Accident||Jet Ski Accident||Sail Boat Accident|
|Cargo Ship Accident||Maritime Ship Accident||Sunken Boat Accident|
|Catamaran Accident||Near-Drowning Accident||Tanker Ship Accident|
|Charter Boat Accident||Ocean Liner Accident||Tour Boat Accident|
|Cruise Ship Accident||Oil Tanker Accident||Tug Boat Accident|
|Drowning Accident||Parasail Boat Accident||Water Craft Accident|
|Ferry Boat Accident||Pontoon Boat Accident||Yacht Accident|
Construction Accident Lawsuits
There are about 150,000 construction site accidents reported each year in the United States according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
|Construction Worker Accident||Asbestos Cancer||Rental Equipment|
|Crane Accidents||Forklift Injury Accidents||Trenching Accidents|
|Drilling Accidents||Heavy Duty Equipment||Unsafe Tool Injury|
|Electrocution Accidents||ladder/Scaffolding Falls||Unsafe Tool Injury|
|Excavating Accidents||Mesothelioma Cancer||Wall Collapse Accident|
|Exposure to Toxic Chemicals||Power-line Accidents||Welding Accidents|
Defective Medical Device Lawsuits
You may be eligible for compensation for pain and suffering, lost earnings, medical bills and rehabilitation costs.
|Breast implants||Hip Replacement Implants||Pain Pumps|
|Heart valve implants||Surgical Mesh Implants||Metal Screws/Plates|
|Stent Implants||IVC Filters||IUD Implants|
|Pacemakers||Defibrillators||Birth Control Implants|
|Knee Replacement Implants||Transvaginal/Pelvic Mesh||Infuse Bone Grafts|
Fire/Burn Injury Lawsuits
More than 1,200 people suffer a burn injury that requires medical treatment each day in the U. S.
|Apartment Building Fires||Electric Heaters||House Fires|
|Automobile Fires||Electrical Cord Burns||Kerosene Heaters|
|Casino Fires||Explosive Gas Fires||Nightclub Fires|
|Chemical Burns||Fires Caused By Smoking||Office Complex Fires|
|Commercial Building Fires||Gas Tank Explosions||Radiation Burns|
|Defective Smoke Detectors||Hotel/Motel Fires||Scalding Water Burns|
Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Nearly 130 million Americans visit emergency rooms, plus another 100.7 million hospital visits.
|Chiropractic Error Injury||Pregnancy Malpractice Injury||Misdiagnosis Injury|
|Hospital Malpractice Injury||Dental Malpractice Injury||Surgical Error Injury|
|Orthopedic Malpractice Injury||Medication Error Injury||Doctor Malpractice Injury|
|Cosmetic Surgery Injury||Psychiatric Malpractice Injury||OBGYN Malpractice Injury|
|Medical Malpractice Injury||Diagnostic Error Injury||Emergency Room Error Injury|
Personal Injury Lawsuits
There are more than 2 million personal injuries that require some type of medical attention each year in the U. S.
|Amputation||Broken Bones||Neck Injury|
|Back Injury||Catastrophic Accidents||Nerve Injury Accidents|
|Birth Injury||Crushed Limbs||Paralysis Injury Accidents|
|Blood Clot Injury||Disfigurement Injury||Paraplegic Injury Accidents|
|Brain Injury||Head Injury||Quadriplegic Injury|
Premises Injury Lawsuits
Slip and fall incidents are one of the leading causes of premises liability accidents.
|Animal and Dog Bites||Elevator/ Escalator Injury||Restaurant Liability|
|Broken Tile Flooring||Inadequate Maintenance||Retail Store Liability|
|Broken Windows||Negligent/Inadequate Security||Slip & Fall Accidents|
|Building Fires||Parking Lot Injury||Spills on Floors Injury|
|Children Property Injury||Private Property Injury||Swimming Pool Injury|
|Construction Jobsite Injury||Public Property Injury||Wet Floors Injury|
Product Liability Lawsuits
If a product fails in its design, manufacturing or distribution and the result is serious injury or death, the manufacturer or distributor is held liable for injuries the product may cause to the injured party.
|Boating Equipment||Defective Appliances||Defective Recreational Equipment|
|Child Safety Restraints||Defective Automotive Parts||Faulty Appliances|
|Children s Toys||Defective Consumer Products||Faulty Automotive Parts|
|Contaminated Foods||Defective Medical Devices||Faulty Furniture|
|Dangerous Drugs||Defective Medical Products||Hazardous Toys|
|Defective Air Bags||Defective Power Tools||Unsafe Drugs|
Nursing Home Lawsuits
The National Center On Elder Abuse in the U. S. reported that 30% of all nursing homes have some type of elder abuse.
|Adult Day Care Home Injury||Continuing Care Facility Injury||Nursing Home Resident Injury|
|Adult Foster Home Injury||Convalescent Home Injury||Residential Care Facility Injury|
|Alzheimer Care Unit Injury||Hospice Care Injury||Retirement Home Injury|
|Assisted Living Injury||Independent Living Home Injury||Senior Citizen Home Injury|
|Assisted Living Facility Injury||Nursing Home Hospital Injury||Veterans Home Injury|
Vehicle Accident Lawsuits
There are more than 40,000 vehicle related deaths in the U. S. each year and 1 person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes.
|SUV Accidents||School Vehicle Accidents||Utility Truck Accidents|
|Recreational Vehicle Accidents||Tractor-Trailer Accidents||Motorcycle Accidents|
|Auto/Car Accidents||Construction Vehicle Accidents||Van Accidents|
|Garbage/Trash Truck||Big Rig/Trucking Accidents||Off Road Vehicle Accidents|
|Bus Accidents||Farm Vehicle Accidents||Workplace Vehicle Accidents|
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
If a person dies during the course of another s negligence, they will be liable for wrongful death lawsuit.
|Aircraft Accident Death||Child Accident Death||Pedestrian Accident Death|
|Bicycling Accident Death||Construction Site Death||Prescription Drug Death|
|Birth Injury Death||Electrocution Death||Railroad Accident Death|
|Bus Crash Death||Freeway/Highway Death||Vehicle Crash Death|
|Catastrophic Accident Death||Motorcycle Crash Death||Workplace Accident Death|
Workplace Personal Injuries
More than 20,000 workers are injured in road construction work zones each year.
|Amputation Accidents||Manufacturing Plant Accident||Roofing Accidents|
|Electrical Shock Accidents||Mill Accidents||Scaffolding Accidents|
|Factory Accident||Oil Refinery Accident||Shipyard Accidents|
|Ladder Fall Accidents||Power Plant Accident||Warehouse Accidents|
|Machinery Accident||Retail Store Accident||Workplace Slip & Fall|
Personal Injury Lawsuits in California
Personal injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic loss, mental anguish and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.
Many personal injuries occur due to negligence on the part of one of others involved. When an accident is caused by another party s negligence you are entitled to get compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as other damages.
A personal injury attorney can help resolve your injustice and get you fair and just compensation for your workplace injury.
All of our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don t get paid unless you do!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee! Complete the contact form to get a quick response!
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your California Personal Injury lawsuit!
California Personal Injury Settlements & Verdicts
- $2.5 Million Settlement: for the wrongful death of California woman hit by a falling ladder from a construction vehicle.
- $14 Million Settlement: For the death of a 3-year-old boy sustained in a California auto accident.
- 8 Million Settlement: For medical malpractice involving infant brain damage at birth in California.
- 850,000 Settlement: For a California warehouse worker who injured his hand on a delivery truck lift gate.
- $275,000 Settlement: For a California 10 year-settlement for facial scars from a dog bite attack.
- $750,000 Million Settlement: for a boy that suffered a broken femur when struck by a car crossing the street.
- $10.9 Million Settlement: for a truck accident resulting in wrongful death and injury in California.
- $970,000 Settlement: For a Nursing home abuse, medical malpractice and personal injury in California.
- $1 Million Settlement: For a school student hit by a driver while walking in a school zone In California.
- $900,000 Jury Award: For a California electrical engineer Injured putting cable into commercial buildings.
- $400,000 Settlement: For a California pedestrian injured when a vehicle rolled back leaving him with head and back injuries.
- $1 Million Settlement: For a California truck driver rear ended with and underwent a one-level cervical fusion.
- $1.5 Million Settlement: For a California worker that sustained a Brain Injury working on refinery tankers.
- $800,000 Settlement: for a family for the wrongful death of their father due to delay in diagnosis and treatment of colorectal cancer.
- $750,000 Settlement: for a California woman with a severed leg injury from a motorcycle-truck accident.
- $600,000 Settlement: for a California homeless man hit and run over by an elderly driver.
- The median verdict in a wrongful death case is in California is $2,212,936, compared to the national average of $1,450,000
- The average financial award for personal injury trials in California is $1,814,094.
Personal Injury Statistics
- 50% of all airplane accidents are caused by pilot error.
- 1 in 5 worker deaths last year were in the construction industry.
- More than 1,000 people die in train accidents every year.
- One person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes.
- Nearly 5,000 people are killed in truck accidents every year.
- 1 in 10 construction workers are injured every year in the U. S.
- 3 million People were injured in crashes on U. S. roadways in 2014.
- 8,000 boating accidents are reported by the U. S. Coast Guard each year.
- Estimates of 41,000 to 45,000 traffic deaths occur every year within the U.S.
- There are more than 40,000 construction injuries in work zones each year.
- There are more than 1 million cases of whiplash reported each year in the U. S.
- Fatal head injuries are responsible for more than 60% of all bicycle fatalities.
- 1 million children are injured in bicycle related accidents each year.
- 41% of passenger vehicles in fatal crashes were involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- 1 million People in the United States suffer a workplace injury or occupational illness each year.
- Pharmacy errors and prescription errors accounts for as many as 98,000 deaths each year.
- 225,000 medical malpractice deaths happen each in the U. S. (National Institute of Health).
- Motorcyclists are 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash according to NHTSA.
- 5 million people suffer injury or death from prescription errors each year (The Institute of Medicine)
- 1 million Elderly Americans are victims of physical and other forms of nursing home abuse each year.
- Department of Transportation reports that every 2 hours a person is hit and killed by a train accident in the U. S.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
Personal Injury Lawsuit Santa Cruz County, CA
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
California Personal Injury Damages
Choosing the right California personal injury lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
We Connect You with Injury Claims Lawyers in all California Counties
California Accident Injury Lawyers, Attorneys, Law Firms, Lawsuits, and Claims
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Injury Helpline Number for California is 888.267.1137
If you or a family member has been in a serious accident with injuries, you should immediately consult with an experienced California personal injury lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from negligent parties.
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!