Hartley County, TX Personal Injury Lawyer
We Connect You With Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
Being involved in an accident can be a traumatizing and stressful experience, especially if you are seriously injured or lose a loved one as a result of someone else s negligence.
If you have been injured in Hartley County, TX, a personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against negligent parties.
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal action, brought in court, by a person who has been injured (either physically or emotionally) by another person, manufacturer or company.
It is very important that you contact a Personal Injury attorney as soon as possible after an injury to protect your legal rights and statute of limitations in obtaining personal injury damages. Knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Texas?
The vast majority of personal injury cases in Texas are settled before or during trial with only a small percentage of injury lawsuits tried in court or reach a jury verdict.
Obtaining damages in a Texas Personal Injury lawsuit can involve complex litigation which is why you need an experienced personal injury lawyer to represent you. National personal injury statistics show that people that are represented by an attorney receive significantly higher settlement amounts than injured victims that represent themselves.
A personal injury lawyer can provide legal representation to those who have been injured as a result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, or government agency.
Free No Cost Case Evaluation
Don t Lose Your Rights to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Request a free case evaluation of your personal injury case in Hartley County, TX. If you or someone you love has suffered a personal injury do to the negligence of another we can help. The evaluation will cost you nothing.
Our personal injury attorneys will help you get fair and just compensation for your injury. We understand how difficult a time this is for you and will assist in any way that we can. You can also fill out our contact form to have a qualified Texas personal injury lawyer contact you within 24 hours, or you can call us toll free at 1-888-267-1137.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
- More than 94,000 crashes in Texas were blamed on distracted driving in 2013.
- 232,041 people were injured in car accidents in Texas in 2014.
- In 2014, the number of fatal crashes in Texas was 3,534.
- 3,377 Texans died in motor vehicle crashes in 2013.
- There was at least one traffic death on Texas roads every day in 2014 and 2013.
- On average, 1 person in Texas is killed every 2 hours and 29 minutes in Texas Car crashes.
- On average, 1 person in Texas is injured every 2 minutes in Texas Car crashes.
- 8 % of the people killed in Texas car accidents were not wearing seat belts at the time of the crash.
- Texas has the 2nd largest area of 268,820 square miles (696,200 km2) in the U.S. state, behind Alaska at #1.
Texas Department of Transportation: All Vehicle Crashes in 2013:
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes & 16 seconds.
- 1 reported crash occurred every 71 seconds.
- Number of people injured in a car accident: 232,041
- Number of crashes leading to serious injury: 65,539
- Number of people seriously injured in Texas car crashes: 89,270
- Number of traffic deaths: 3,377
Texas Fatal Crashes:
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours & 36 minutes.
- Number of motorcyclist fatalities: 495
- Number of pedestrian fatalities: 485
Leading Contributing Factors to Fatal Crashes in Texas:
- Speeding drivers: 182
- Distracted driving: 460
- Head-on crashes: 523
- Single vehicle run-off the road: 1,333
- Under the influence of alcohol: 1,089
- Number of alcohol-related crashes: 18,113
- Number of fatal alcohol-related crashes: 1,089
- Number of alcohol-related serious injuries: 5,535
- Number of alcohol-related deaths: 537
Texas Personal Injury Statute of Limitations (Hartley County, TX)
Texas’s statute of limitations gives an injured person 2 years after the occurrence of an injury or accident.
If you don’t get your personal injury complaint filed before Texas’s 2 year deadline passes, the court will refuse to hear your case altogether.
2 years for a wrongful death lawsuit to be filed.
The Texas statute of limitations on personal injury cases: Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 16.001 et seq.
Personal Injury Accidents in Texas:
Auto Accident Lawsuits
There are over 3 million injuries from transportation accidents reported each year in the United States according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
|Aggressive Driving Accidents||Hit & Run Accidents||Rollover Accidents|
|Auto Manufacturer Liability Accidents||Hit by Car Accidents||Sideswiped Accidents|
|Broadside Collision Accidents||Intersection Accidents||Single vehicle Accidents|
|Distracted Driving Accidents||Jackknife Accidents||Speeding-related Accidents|
|Failure to Yield Accidents||Multi-vehicle Accidents||SUV Rollover Accidents|
|Fender Bender Accidents||Negligent Driving Accidents||Taxicab Accidents|
|Hazardous Roadway Accidents||Rea Ended Accidents||T-Boned Accidents|
|Head-on Collision Accidents||Reckless Driving Accidents||Fatal Auto Accidents|
Boat/Maritime Accident Lawsuits
There are about 8,000 maritime boating accidents each year in the U. S.
|Canoe/Kayak Accident||Fishing Boat Accident||Powerboat Accident|
|Capsized Boat Accident||Jet Ski Accident||Sail Boat Accident|
|Cargo Ship Accident||Maritime Ship Accident||Sunken Boat Accident|
|Catamaran Accident||Near-Drowning Accident||Tanker Ship Accident|
|Charter Boat Accident||Ocean Liner Accident||Tour Boat Accident|
|Cruise Ship Accident||Oil Tanker Accident||Tug Boat Accident|
|Drowning Accident||Parasail Boat Accident||Water Craft Accident|
|Ferry Boat Accident||Pontoon Boat Accident||Yacht Accident|
Construction Accident Lawsuits
There are about 150,000 construction site accidents reported each year in the United States according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
|Construction Worker Accident||Asbestos Cancer||Rental Equipment|
|Crane Accidents||Forklift Injury Accidents||Trenching Accidents|
|Drilling Accidents||Heavy Duty Equipment||Unsafe Tool Injury|
|Electrocution Accidents||ladder/Scaffolding Falls||Unsafe Tool Injury|
|Excavating Accidents||Mesothelioma Cancer||Wall Collapse Accident|
|Exposure to Toxic Chemicals||Power-line Accidents||Welding Accidents|
Defective Medical Device Lawsuits
You may be eligible for compensation for pain and suffering, lost earnings, medical bills and rehabilitation costs.
|Breast implants||Hip Replacement Implants||Pain Pumps|
|Heart valve implants||Surgical Mesh Implants||Metal Screws/Plates|
|Stent Implants||IVC Filters||IUD Implants|
|Pacemakers||Defibrillators||Birth Control Implants|
|Knee Replacement Implants||Transvaginal/Pelvic Mesh||Infuse Bone Grafts|
Fire/Burn Injury Lawsuits
More than 1,200 people suffer a burn injury that requires medical treatment each day in the U. S.
|Apartment Building Fires||Electric Heaters||House Fires|
|Automobile Fires||Electrical Cord Burns||Kerosene Heaters|
|Casino Fires||Explosive Gas Fires||Nightclub Fires|
|Chemical Burns||Fires Caused By Smoking||Office Complex Fires|
|Commercial Building Fires||Gas Tank Explosions||Radiation Burns|
|Defective Smoke Detectors||Hotel/Motel Fires||Scalding Water Burns|
Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Nearly 130 million Americans visit emergency rooms, plus another 100.7 million hospital visits.
|Chiropractic Error Injury||Pregnancy Malpractice Injury||Misdiagnosis Injury|
|Hospital Malpractice Injury||Dental Malpractice Injury||Surgical Error Injury|
|Orthopedic Malpractice Injury||Medication Error Injury||Doctor Malpractice Injury|
|Cosmetic Surgery Injury||Psychiatric Malpractice Injury||OBGYN Malpractice Injury|
|Medical Malpractice Injury||Diagnostic Error Injury||Emergency Room Error Injury|
Personal Injury Lawsuits
There are more than 2 million personal injuries that require some type of medical attention each year in the U. S.
|Amputation||Broken Bones||Neck Injury|
|Back Injury||Catastrophic Accidents||Nerve Injury Accidents|
|Birth Injury||Crushed Limbs||Paralysis Injury Accidents|
|Blood Clot Injury||Disfigurement Injury||Paraplegic Injury Accidents|
|Brain Injury||Head Injury||Quadriplegic Injury|
Premises Injury Lawsuits
Slip and fall incidents are one of the leading causes of premises liability accidents.
|Animal and Dog Bites||Elevator/ Escalator Injury||Restaurant Liability|
|Broken Tile Flooring||Inadequate Maintenance||Retail Store Liability|
|Broken Windows||Negligent/Inadequate Security||Slip & Fall Accidents|
|Building Fires||Parking Lot Injury||Spills on Floors Injury|
|Children Property Injury||Private Property Injury||Swimming Pool Injury|
|Construction Job Site Injury||Public Property Injury||Wet Floors Injury|
Product Liability Lawsuits
If a product fails in its design, manufacturing or distribution and the result is serious injury or death, the manufacturer or distributor is held liable for injuries the product may cause to the injured party.
|Boating Equipment||Defective Appliances||Defective Recreational Equipment|
|Child Safety Restraints||Defective Automotive Parts||Faulty Appliances|
|Children s Toys||Defective Consumer Products||Faulty Automotive Parts|
|Contaminated Foods||Defective Medical Devices||Faulty Furniture|
|Dangerous Drugs||Defective Medical Products||Hazardous Toys|
|Defective Air Bags||Defective Power Tools||Unsafe Drugs|
Nursing Home Lawsuits
The National Center On Elder Abuse in the U. S. reported that 30% of all nursing homes have some type of elder abuse.
|Adult Day Care Home Injury||Continuing Care Facility Injury||Nursing Home Resident Injury|
|Adult Foster Home Injury||Convalescent Home Injury||Residential Care Facility Injury|
|Alzheimer Care Unit Injury||Hospice Care Injury||Retirement Home Injury|
|Assisted Living Injury||Independent Living Home Injury||Senior Citizen Home Injury|
|Assisted Living Facility Injury||Nursing Home Hospital Injury||Veterans Home Injury|
Vehicle Accident Lawsuits
There are more than 40,000 vehicle related deaths in the U. S. each year and 1 person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes.
|SUV Accidents||School Vehicle Accidents||Utility Truck Accidents|
|Recreational Vehicle Accidents||Tractor-Trailer Accidents||Motorcycle Accidents|
|Auto/Car Accidents||Construction Vehicle Accidents||Van Accidents|
|Garbage/Trash Truck||Big Rig/Trucking Accidents||Off Road Vehicle Accidents|
|Bus Accidents||Farm Vehicle Accidents||Workplace Vehicle Accidents|
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
If a person dies during the course of another s negligence, they will be liable for wrongful death lawsuit.
|Aircraft Accident Death||Child Accident Death||Pedestrian Accident Death|
|Bicycling Accident Death||Construction Site Death||Prescription Drug Death|
|Birth Injury Death||Electrocution Death||Railroad Accident Death|
|Bus Crash Death||Freeway/Highway Death||Vehicle Crash Death|
|Catastrophic Accident Death||Motorcycle Crash Death||Workplace Accident Death|
Workplace Personal Injuries
More than 20,000 workers are injured in road construction work zones each year.
|Amputation Accidents||Manufacturing Plant Accident||Roofing Accidents|
|Electrical Shock Accidents||Mill Accidents||Scaffolding Accidents|
|Factory Accident||Oil Refinery Accident||Shipyard Accidents|
|Ladder Fall Accidents||Power Plant Accident||Warehouse Accidents|
|Machinery Accident||Retail Store Accident||Workplace Slip & Fall|
Personal Injury Lawsuits in Texas
Personal injury accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic loss, mental anguish and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.
Many personal injuries occur due to negligence on the part of one of others involved. When an accident is caused by another party s negligence you are entitled to get compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as other damages.
A personal injury attorney can help resolve your injustice and get you fair and just compensation for your workplace injury.
All of our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don t get paid unless you do!
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee! Complete the contact form to get a quick response!
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Texas Personal Injury lawsuit!
Recent Personal Injury Settlements & Verdicts
- $5 Million Personal Injury Settlement: Personal Injury claim involving doctor’s failure to diagnose.
- $2.6 Million Settlement: Personal Injury Accutane birth defects.
- $2.5 Million Verdict: Personal Injury case involving a surgical error.
- $7.5 Million Settlement: Brain damage after surgery of 7-year-old at Hospital.
- $800,000 Settlement: Infant sustained injury during birth delivery.
- $3 Million Settlement: Cardiology malpractice wrongful death of 45-year-old man.
- $1.2 Million Settlement: Man was improperly administered medication causing brain damage.
- $3.1 Million settlement in a product liability/negligence action involving injuries sustain by an infant injured in a shopping cart accident.
- $1.73 Million jury verdict on behalf of iron worker injured in construction site accident.
- $2.1 Million Settlement: Wrongful death Personal Injury hospital’s improper discharge of patient.
- $2.2 Million Settlement: Faulty roadwork and hazardous road conditions resulted in a bicyclist crashing and suffering severe head injuries.
- $1.24 Million Settlement: A bicyclist was struck while riding through and intersection and run over by a truck making an illegal turn.
- $1.5 Million Settlement: Minor child suffers head injury in a car collision and the loss of her mother.
- $4.2 Million Settlement: 13-year-old boy suffers brain damage after being struck by a car at an intersection.
- $2.4 Million Settlement: 72-year-old woman suffered a severe spinal injury from slip & fall on an uneven public sidewalk.
- $1.4 Million Settlement: Traumatic Brain injury caused by driver who made an illegal left hand turn causing collision.
- $5.2 Million Jury Award: Asbestos worker who developed malignant peritoneal mesothelioma from asbestos work exposure.
- $1.395 Million Jury Award: Woman involved in serious spinal injury from two-car collision at intersection.
- $1.25 Million Jury Award: Wrongful-death lawsuit by the family of a man who died as the result of a car wreck.
- $1 million Jury Award: Parents of a baby boy who died in his mother’s womb before an emergency C-section was performed.
- $12.3 million Jury Award: Insulator and construction worker died of malignant Mesothelioma cancer
- $12.3 million Jury Award: U. S. Steelworker died of occupational asbestos exposure causing malignant Mesothelioma.
Personal Injury Statistics
- 50% of all airplane accidents are caused by pilot error.
- 1 in 5 worker deaths last year were in the construction industry.
- More than 1,000 people die in train accidents every year.
- One person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes.
- Nearly 5,000 people are killed in truck accidents every year.
- 1 in 10 construction workers are injured every year in the U. S.
- 3 million People were injured in crashes on U. S. roadways in 2014.
- 8,000 boating accidents are reported by the U. S. Coast Guard each year.
- Estimates of 41,000 to 45,000 traffic deaths occur every year within the U.S.
- There are more than 40,000 construction injuries in work zones each year.
- There are more than 1 million cases of whiplash reported each year in the U. S.
- Fatal head injuries are responsible for more than 60% of all bicycle fatalities.
- 1 million children are injured in bicycle related accidents each year.
- 41% of passenger vehicles in fatal crashes were involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- 1 million People in the United States suffer a workplace injury or occupational illness each year.
- Pharmacy errors and prescription errors accounts for as many as 98,000 deaths each year.
- 225,000 medical malpractice deaths happen each in the U. S. (National Institute of Health).
- Motorcyclists are 39 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash according to NHTSA.
- 5 million people suffer injury or death from prescription errors each year (The Institute of Medicine)
- 1 million Elderly Americans are victims of physical and other forms of nursing home abuse each year.
- Department of Transportation reports that every 2 hours a person is hit and killed by a train accident in the U. S.
- There are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S. each year (National Institute of Health).
Personal Injury Lawsuit Hartley County, TX
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Texas Personal Injury Damages
Choosing the right Texas personal injury lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
We Connect You with Personal Injury Claims Lawyers in all Texas Counties
Texas Accident Injury Lawyers, Attorneys, Law Firms, Lawsuits, and Claims
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Injury Helpline Number for Texas is 888.267.1137
If you or a family member has been in a serious accident with injuries, you should immediately consult with an experienced Texas personal injury lawyer about what compensation may be available to you from negligent parties.
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!