Need a Boat Injury Lawyer?
We Connect You With Experienced Maritime / Boating Injury Lawyers That Will Fight For You!
A Maritime / Boating Accident can happen at any moment. If you have been injured in a Maritime / Boating Accident, knowing your legal rights can provide both financial relief and peace of mind. There are about 2,400 maritime accidents each year in the U. S.
Boating accidents consist are accidents that occur on a shipping vessels, ocean liners, cruise ships, boats, fishing crawlers, personal watercrafts, on docks, on offshore drilling rigs, waterways, sea, or any maritime related incident.
Maritime / Boating accidents can cause life-threatening physical injuries and trauma that can include financial damage to victims of negligent drivers. Injured victims must deal with large and unforeseeable medical expenses, loss of wages, pain, suffering and loss of quality of life. Family members also can suffer economic loss, mental anguish and loss of companionship in caring for an injured family member.
There are about 2,400 maritime accidents each year in the U. S.
8,000 boating accidents are reported by the U. S. Coast Guard each year.
The 2nd highest number of maritime deaths occurs in creeks, rivers, and streams. These waterways account for more than 1,000 accidents, 140 deaths, and 800 injuries each year in the U. S.
The 3rd highest number of maritime accidents occurs in bays, inlets, sounds, and harbors. These marine sanctuaries account for more than 650 accidents, 62 deaths, and 394 injuries each year in the U. S.
The 4th highest number of maritime accidents occurs is the open water of oceans and gulfs. These open water places account for 260 accidents, 40 deaths, and 130 each year in the U. S.
The fatality rate for boating accidents is 6.2 deaths for every 100,000 registered recreational vessels,
Among fatal boating accidents, alcohol was the leading contributing factor as well as the leading factor in 16% of all fatalities.
Alcohol use is the leading cause of death and injury in boating-related accidents.
The National Safe Boating Council reports there are more than 700 boating deaths each year in the U. S.
Highest number of maritime deaths occurs in;
- Gravel Pits
- Open Water of Oceans
Deadliest Boat Accidents Include:
- Boating Intoxicated
- Capsized Boat
- Fixed Object Collision
- Open Motorboat
- Pontoon Boat
- Sunken Boat
- Water Skier Mishap
Our personal injury lawyers handle all types of accident claims. We also handle every type of personal injury accident claim and motor vehicle accident compensation cases.
Boat / Maritime Accidents
Many personal injuries occur due to negligence on the part of one of others involved. When an accident is caused by another party’s negligence you are entitled compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering as well as other damages.
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident or personal injury where you feel you may be entitled to compensation, please complete the contact form on the right or call us at 1-888.267.1137 for a free case evaluation. A live personal injury counselor is available to answer your questions 24 hours a day.
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
Time is of the essence when it comes to filing your Personal Injury lawsuit!
All of our experienced personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis and don’t get paid unless you do!
Each State has a strict statute of limitations for you to file your Personal Injury lawsuit.
Maritime / Boating Accident Injury Lawsuits
Recent Boat Injury Settlements & Verdicts
$4.2 Million Jury Award – Wrongful death judgement for longshoreman killed by unsafe cargo container stow.
$1 Million Jury Award – Parents of a baby boy who died in his mother’s womb before an emergency C-section was performed.
$2.35 Million Settlement – For a boat deckhand with a crushed foot injury caused by a moving deck hatch on a Vessel found unseaworthy and neglected.
$2 Million Settlement – For a ferry boat worker that suffered severe fractures to both legs from a defective mooring line.
$1 Million Settlement – For a Slip & fall from factory trawler’s defective stairs resulting in permanent back injuries for worker.
$3.5 Million Settlement – For a Fisherman’s Head Injury caused by negligent lift procedures.
$400,00 Settlement Award – For Burn Injuries from a fire and explosion in engine room of fishing vessel.
Vehicle Accident Statistics and Facts
- In 2014, 32,675 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes on U.S. highways.
- Intercity buses accounted for 13 % of all buses involved in fatal crashes.
- School buses and transit buses accounted for 41% of all buses involved in fatal crashes.
- 3 million People were injured in crashes on U. S. roadways in 2014.
- Estimates of 41,000 to 45,000 traffic deaths occur every year within the U.S.
- Motor vehicle accidents of as little speed as 5 MPH can produce a “whiplash-type” injury.
- 75% of injured victims remain symptomatic for a minimum of 6 months after an accident.
- More than 75% of truck driving accidents are due to the driver of the passenger vehicle.
- 18% of accidents involve the front of a passenger vehicle striking the rear of a large truck.
- 19% of large trucks in fatal crashes are involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- 41% of passenger vehicles in fatal crashes were involved in single-vehicle crashes.
- The national motor vehicle crash death rate is of 10.3 deaths per 100,000 people.
- The day in which motor vehicle accident injuries occur most often is Saturday. Sunday is second.
- 1 out of every 5 Americans are involved in an alcohol-related car crash at some time in their lives.
- The national motor vehicle crash death rate is 1.11 deaths per 100 million vehicle miles traveled.
- One person is injured or killed in a truck accident every 16 minutes.
- Nearly 5,000 people are killed in truck accidents every year.
- 60% of deaths in truck crashes occurred on major roads other than interstates and freeways.
- More than 60% of all fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred on rural roads.
- More than 80% of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred on weekdays (Monday through Friday).
- 30% of passenger vehicle occupants killed in two-vehicle crashes are in head-on crashes with the truck.
- 60% of occupants killed in multiple-vehicle crashes occurred in collisions involving another large truck.
For a Personal Injury lawsuit to be successful, personal injury lawyers have to show that your injury resulted from the negligence of another party. In the case of a Personal Injury lawsuit victims and immediate family members have the right to file a personal injury claim.
Personal Injury Damages
Victims in injury-related claims are entitled to damages including:
Choosing the right Injury lawyer can mean the difference between getting fair compensation, partial compensation, or no compensation at all.
Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you or a family member has been injured in accident, we can help you start an injury lawsuit against responsible parties.
Our experienced nationwide injury lawyers will help you get just and fair compensation for your injuries.
Call our Injury Toll Free Helpline at 888.267.1137 and get help today!
We can usually tell within a few minutes whether we can help you, and if we can’t, maybe direct you to someone who can. We are always accessible by phone, email and online chat.
We are always available to answer your questions with a phone call and will always keep you informed. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the highest compensation for your injuries.
If you have a legal question about an injury or wrongful death lawsuit, you don’t have to come into our office. Call us, and you’ll speak directly to a lawyer, and if a lawyer is not available, your call will be returned as quickly as possible
We Connect You with Tractor Injury Claims Lawyers in all 50 States
Maritime / Boating Accident Injury Lawyers, Attorneys, Law Firms, Lawsuits, and Claims
TO GET HELP – Our Nationwide Toll Free Injury Helpline Number is 888.267.1137
24 Hour Call Back Guarantee!
Fill out our free injury case evaluation form and an experienced injury lawyer will call you to immediately start processing your claim at no cost to you.
There is NO CHARGE FOR YOUR CALL OR THE CONSULTATION.
Our goal is to help you get fair and just compensation for your injury, so you can focus on your recovery!